Hare and the tortise.

Chat about anything in here

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, George, Dave Cox

bobg

Hare and the tortise.

Post by bobg » 13 Jun 2017 10:22

Rode the Solihull audax last Sunday and was a bit surprised that I was the only Beacon rider. A good route and free refreshments at the start, finish and at the control at Kineton.
During the ride I was passed 5 or 6 times by the same group of 4 riders, who appeared to be relying on their Garmin! and were forever going off course . We all set off at the same time and by coincidence arrived back to Hampton in Arden at around the same. However my average for the 70 miles was 11.5 and they were showing 15 mph.
I know that my average is a bit pathetic but I did ride it solo, and felt fine at the end. So much so that I am now tempted to attempt another 100. !!!
There is not a hill that is to steep to walk up.

George

Re: Hare and the tortise.

Post by George » 21 Jun 2017 23:42

Good for you, Bob.

Philip Whiteman

Re: Hare and the tortise.

Post by Philip Whiteman » 22 Jun 2017 10:23

bobg wrote:
13 Jun 2017 10:22
Rode the Solihull audax last Sunday and was a bit surprised that I was the only Beacon rider. A good route and free refreshments at the start, finish and at the control at Kineton.
Hello Bob. I rode the 200km version and I was very impressed with the route. Like you, I was surprised to be the only Beacon rider. It is an event worth supporting in future and it would also make a good replacement to our former Cotswold audax.