An evening with Simon Warren - 100 Greatest Cycling Climbs - 13th September, Solihull Arden Club, 20:00-22:00

Chat about anything in here

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, George, Dave Cox

caashford

An evening with Simon Warren - 100 Greatest Cycling Climbs - 13th September, Solihull Arden Club, 20:00-22:00

Post by caashford » 21 Aug 2018 18:26

13 September at 20:00–22:00, Solihull Arden Club, Sharmans Cross Rd, B91 1RG Solihull

An Evening in the ‘Pain Cave’, with Simon Warren on Thursday 13 September 8pm at Solihull Arden Club, Sharmans Cross Road.

Tickets are £10 if purchased during August, £12 after that. The Paypal Money Pool link below directs you to make your payment paypal.me/pools/c/835F7Vrysn and will email your receipt which will be your ticket.

This event is supporting http://www.solihullactive.co.uk/solihull-wheels-for-all

Join Simon Warren, author of 100 Greatest Cycling Climbs to hear how he fell in love with bikes and then riding them as fast as he could uphill. From his first drop bar racer to finding his first bit of steep gradient, from learning to love the pain of racing a hill climb and searching out longer and steeper hills across the country, Simon will share the experiences that led to the production of his famous books, tell you about his favourite climbs and there will also be free Haribo!

Bio
Simon Warren's been obsessed with cycling since the summer of 1989 after watching Greg Lemond battle Laurent Fignon in the Tour de France. A few weeks later he rode his first race, a 10 mile time trial on the A1 and by the end of the year was club hill climb champion. Although not having what it took to beat the best he found his forte was racing up hills and so began his life long fascination with steep roads. Trips were planned and pilgrimages made to find ever steeper and longer slopes which culminated in the publication of his first book, 100 Greatest Cycling Climbs. Following it’s 2010 release Simon has now written 11 further guides to hills from Scotland to the Pyrenees together with appearing on numerous TV shows, hosting talks, guiding rides and spending hours and hours riding up hill.

The venue has a bar where drinks can be purchased.

Further information is available from Tony Leighton 07788 412061.

caashford

Re: An evening with Simon Warren - 100 Greatest Cycling Climbs - 13th September, Solihull Arden Club, 20:00-22:00

Post by caashford » 05 Sep 2018 12:06

I have purchased a ticket to this but can't attend any more. If anyone wants the ticket for £5.00 (rather than £10.00) let me know and I will forward you the email confirmation.