Do you want to be on Tele ? On your bike 7th Feb

Chat about anything in here

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, George, Dave Cox

Dave Cox

Do you want to be on Tele ? On your bike 7th Feb

Post by Dave Cox » 28 Jan 2019 17:53

Hi,

I'm going along to this event, explained below, in the hope of getting some favourable coverage for cycling as a way to winter fitness etc? Does anyone else who can get away in the afternoon fancy coming along?

Information about the ITV Central News filming that will take place Thu 7th Feb 12noon onwards in Cannon Hill Park

From Adrian Wills – Cycling UK head office Comms manager :

In essence – ITV will be filming a feature about winter fitness and they want to explore how you can do that by cycling. They’ll want to film their presenter Matt Teale going out on a ride with a group of like minded everyday cyclists, and he’ll chat with people about why cycling is good for fitness, what equipment you need, what it’s done for people’s fitness etc. The filming will likely involve lots of riding up and down the same section so they can obtain a variety of shots. They also be looking to fit Go Pro portable cameras to some bikes and potentially even a drone to capture aerial footage.

Vanessa Morris has various reps from the Bham Community Cycle Clubs attending and we will all meet at the Mac just the right side of 12noon I think so Matt and his crew can start filming straight away
He has to get back as he is working on the News programme later that afternoon, so he would like to be prompt starting

I would just like to get as many people as I can involved so it works well for the camera but it would also be lovely to have cyclists from the different communities in Bham so ITV can see how cycling has grown in Bham and its communities
Let me know if you need more information
It would be good to have an idea of numbers before the day - I will be the point of contact that day

Have a good weekend
Regards

Vanessa Morris
Community Clubs Development Officer - Birmingham
Cycling UK
Direct Line: 07467 336916
Email: Vanessa.morris@cyclinguk.org
Web: www.cyclinguk.org