Dennis Baker

Chat about anything in here

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, George, Dave Cox

charlie

Dennis Baker

Post by charlie » 20 Mar 2019 11:37

For those of you that don't know Dennis, he is one of only two founder members of the club who are still with us. Yesterday I went to see Dennis in the QE where he was taken last Friday after suffering a stroke in the home where he now lives in Northfield. He seems to be on the mend and can now walk, talk, and use his hands but is having to be tube fed as he cannot swallow at the moment. The medical staff think he will be able to eat properly again quite soon. Dennis was 91 last week and is annoyed because there is not a tv in the room and he is missing the cycling. Hopefully as soon as he is able he will return to the home. I intend to visit again next week, and will keep everyone up to date with any news. Charlie.

Dave Cox

Re: Dennis Baker

Post by Dave Cox » 20 Mar 2019 14:06

Thanks Charlie, Dennis is remarkably robust and clearly still enjoying his cycling albeit as a spectator. Please given him my best wishes when you next visit.

George

Post by George » 21 Mar 2019 09:53

Say hello to Dennis from me too, Charlie.

Oscar

Post by Oscar » 22 Mar 2019 17:48

Nita and Oscar are sorry to hear that Dennis is in hospital again, and we hope that he will soon be back to his care home.

snailmale

Post by snailmale » 23 Mar 2019 18:51

Sorry to hear this, Charlie

Give him my regards please
It is better to be interesting rather than exact