Northfield and #WalkCyclePlay

Chat about anything in here

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, George, Dave Cox

Dave Cox

Northfield and #WalkCyclePlay

Post by Dave Cox » 27 May 2020 11:58

Hi, Is anyone interested in making Northfield a better place to cycle walk and play? As you will know the CO19 lockdown had led to a lot more people cycling and walking for daily exercise and "essential" travel. The Govt have instructed Local Authorities to improve infrastructure to help social distancing and cycling and provided some initial funding. There is also a determination to try to avoid a return to air pollution and congestion as Lockdown eases and commuters are advised to avoid crowded public transport. Birmingham has produced an Emergency Transport Plan and invited suggestions from the public as to where pavements should be widened, pop up cycle lanes installed etc with a view to making a permanent improvement and encouraging walking and cycling for short trips. Cllr Olly Armstrong would like to develop proposals for Northfield. Thanks. Through Push Bikes we are aware of proposals that have been submitted for Stirchley, Bournville, Harborne. Selly Oak and West Heath.
Is anyone in the Beacon interested in this. If so please post on here or DM me. Thanks

PaulB

Re: Northfield and #WalkCyclePlay

Post by PaulB » 28 May 2020 08:47

I have been sending loads of letters by e mail to local councillors through Cycling UK about all this and Councillor Adrian Delaney, Con for Rubery & Rednal, wants my phone number so he can call me and discuss, i await his call.

I would be interested Dave, just wondering though how long my patience will last before i blow a gasket
Anyway lets give it a try, so i'm in

I'll also let you know how i get on with Mr Delaney
Thank You

Paul B

Dave Cox

Post by Dave Cox » 28 May 2020 18:29

Thanks Paul

Dave Cox

Post by Dave Cox » 08 Jun 2020 11:23

https://www.birmingham.gov.uk/news/arti ... rmingham

In case you missed the excitement this morning on Twitter. Great news for Birmingham. If we want Northfield or any other area to be included in the next Phase later in the summer we need to show local community and cyclists support now