Beacon memorabilia

Chat about anything in here

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, George, Dave Cox

Rod Goodfellow
Location: Cranage,Holmes Chapel,Cheshire,UK or Lake Wales,Florida

Beacon memorabilia

Post by Rod Goodfellow » 18 Aug 2020 09:21

I am having a clear out prior to a downsizing house move. I have found in my loft a box of records given to me by Tony Shardlow when he handed the running of the universities cycling championships to me about 20 years ago For some unknown reason he gave me a box containing records from Mick deMoulpied,mostly of RRA and MRRA record schedules and notes including Duffield's end to end rides and many others from 1951 to 1979.Also I have my hand written Beacon Recorders records of club activities for 1964 plus a few newsletters and programmes. If these are of any interest I will arrange for transfer at cost-probably about £5.If no interest by end of August recycling beckons.They are situated in Blackburn (Covid free western border) if any one can collect.

laurence_cooley

Re: Beacon memorabilia

Post by laurence_cooley » 18 Aug 2020 13:53

I'm sure we can find a home for these, Rod. Charlie Skinner is the club record keeper, so I'll make sure he sees this post. Coincidentally, the committee recently received a request for information about RRA records, and these documents might help answer it.

charlie

Post by charlie » 27 Aug 2020 15:47

Hi Laurence, no I missed that but have now looked. We should have these records, BUT I myself am downsizing/ moving and at the last AGM mentioned it to the Chairman, who told me to let him have the stuff when we moved. With Covid everything has come to a halt move wise, but I have packed everything ready to pass across when the time comes. I had contact with a guy from the trike association and was able to let him have information, and indeed he gave me some info that I didn't have regarding Davd Duffields records, as they were not in the club monthly records for that month/ year. Regards Charlie.

laurence_cooley

Post by laurence_cooley » 27 Aug 2020 18:57

OK, thanks for replying Charlie. In that case, I'll look after the documents that Rod has until we sort out the longer-term arrangements. Rod, I'll send you a message to arrange.

Rod Goodfellow

Post by Rod Goodfellow » 01 Sep 2020 19:16

Expect a parcel,to be posted Weds..

Rod Goodfellow

Post by Rod Goodfellow » 02 Sep 2020 14:25

Posted weds am. 2nd class parcel £8.99.

laurence_cooley

Post by laurence_cooley » 02 Sep 2020 15:09

Thank you - I look forward to receiving it. Could you either PM me your bank details (or PayPal address if you prefer) or send them to Steve Smith (treasurer@beaconrcc.org.uk) so that we can reimburse you the £8.99?

laurence_cooley

Post by laurence_cooley » 09 Sep 2020 17:15

Received with thanks!