Hello.

Chat about anything in here

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, George, Dave Cox

Kali-Ann

Hello.

Post by Kali-Ann » 08 Aug 2021 13:40

Hello everyone, my name is Kali-Ann.

Just joined the forum and I will be joining Beacon RCC over the next few weeks and thought I would say hi.
I am almost 61 and it has been many years since I last turned a wheel in anger.

I hauled my old bike out of the garage and it became very clear that it was basically a dinosaur, not really surprising as I bought it in 1976 *...) Oh well time to get something a little more up to date. I will be purchasing a new bike next week.
I have decided to get back in the saddle because I have become extremely fed up with sitting at home and slowly fossilizing. And have become somewhat concerned about my level of fitness, or lack of it! Therefore I have made a conscious decision to actually do something about it.

When young I used to ride about 150 miles per week as part of my training regimen, at 17 I was a National level gymnast. A very long time ago however, I loved pushing myself to my limits and I have to say that I sorely miss it.

Anyway I will look forward to meeting you all at future rides. Please be gentle with me and I have no doubt that at first I will not be a pretty sight at the end of a ride.

Take care and ride safe.

Kind and warm regards

Kali-Ann Gills

George

Re: Hello.

Post by George » 08 Aug 2021 17:04

Kali-Ann wrote:
08 Aug 2021 13:40
Hello everyone, my name is Kali-Ann.
Hello, Kali-Ann, and welcome to the Beacon!
Kali-Ann wrote:
I hauled my old bike out of the garage and it became very clear that it was basically a dinosaur, not really surprising as I bought it in 1976 *...) Oh well time to get something a little more up to date. I will be purchasing a new bike next week.
Please don't bin the old one! Modern bikes are far more efficient and robust, so getting a new one for your everyday riding is definitely a good idea. However, old bikes are worth preserving. On bank holiday Monday, we've got a retro ride coming up, when a couple of dozen of us will be out on old bikes. Look out for updates and feel free to tag along, or just bring your old bike down to the rendezvous point.
Kali-Ann wrote:
Anyway I will look forward to meeting you all at future rides. Please be gentle with me and I have no doubt that at first I will not be a pretty sight at the end of a ride.
You might want to consider starting with an Intro Ride the next one will be 7 September. Details to be posted in the next couple of weeks.

All the best!

Kali-Ann

Re: Hello.

Post by Kali-Ann » 08 Aug 2021 18:02

Good evening George,
Thank you for the welcome. I don't think I will get rid of my old bike far too many good memories, I may have it restored at some point it is a Mercier. That is assuming I can source the parts.
7th September sounds good as I should be fully kitted up by then and also I hope to get a good few miles under my wheels.

Ride safe

Kind and warm regards

Kali-Ann