Why is Phil's so much bigger than mine?

Swap notes about technical issues

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, Andy Terry

George

Why is Phil's so much bigger than mine?

Post by George » 01 Apr 2009 21:25

I thought that avatars had to be limited to 80 pixels by 80 pixels (or something like that). Yet Phil suddenly has a huge canvas of himself with half the north of England in the background. How has this been achieved? Is it some kind of link to an external image? (I know I could just go to my Profile page and start exploring the settings in an effort to find the answer, but I'm lazy.)

And, on the subject of avatars: Fred, would you mind explaining yours? It isn't you, but who the hell is it, and why?

CakeStop

Post by CakeStop » 01 Apr 2009 21:39

I'm not sure but, while the opportunity for a bigger slice of cake is tempting, I think I'll have help Philip display his new slimmed-down image to best effect because the imax version is making a mess of the page layouts on any threads to which he's posted.
Eat cake before you're hungry

Philip Whiteman

Post by Philip Whiteman » 02 Apr 2009 09:37

Hmmm. Bit mystified by that! It was linked to an avatar elsewhere, primarily because I was having difficulties reducing the pixelation for this MB. (any suggestions as to reduce the size before uploading, would be gratefully received)

I have removed it due to the unusual affects upon the layout of this board.

Philip

NB, Is Fred going to reveal who that is on his avatar? I am equally as mystified.

Philip Whiteman

Post by Philip Whiteman » 02 Apr 2009 13:56

I've shrunk

Thanks for uploading that Steve.