Silly saddles hit the big time

Swap notes about technical issues

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, Andy Terry

George

Silly saddles hit the big time

Post by George » 16 Jul 2010 00:43

My "brewer's droop" saddles have attracted a few less than complimentary comments from club mates since I started using them. But I don't care; I can stand a bit of leg-pulling, and I rate Selle SMP the most comfortable saddles I've ever used, regardless of what anyone else might think of their appearance.

Now I see (courtesy of today's futile TdF break) that they are standard issue to the Footon team ... except that theirs are white. And I'm sure that there can be no causal relationship between saddle choice and total lack of racing success, either in Footon's case or mine.

Philip Whiteman

Re: Silly saddles hit the big time

Post by Philip Whiteman » 16 Jul 2010 12:59

George wrote:My "brewer's droop" saddles have attracted a few less than complimentary comments from club mates since I started using them. But I don't care; I can stand a bit of leg-pulling,
I can't see why, they look highly practical to me.

George

Post by George » 17 Sep 2010 11:57

Despite being a fan of this company's products, I feel they have now entered territory where I am disinclined to follow:

http://www.smpselle.com/smp4bike/en/products/clothing

Kermit

Post by Kermit » 17 Sep 2010 13:36

Smells a bit fishy to me.

Philip Whiteman

Post by Philip Whiteman » 17 Sep 2010 16:08

Aside from being slightly unusual, I would have thought that having a zip in that location is a recipe for disaster on long days in the saddle. Mind it you it would be far easier to apply the sudocream.

Dave Cox

Post by Dave Cox » 17 Sep 2010 20:47

Just you wait guys there will come a day when this will be just the ticket. Especially when they stop manufacturing Assos shorts and we all have to squeese into these bib things.