Anybody got a Jersey made by Owayo?

Swap notes about technical issues

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, Andy Terry

CakeStop

Anybody got a Jersey made by Owayo?

Post by CakeStop » 30 Jan 2011 17:12

Owayo do custom jerseys for clubs etc so this is a bit of a long shot. Does anybody have one in medium or large that they could compare with one of our recent club jerseys or which I could try? I understand they're about a size smaller than Endura but this doesn't help much as I'm right in between a small & medium Endura leaving me in between medium & large Owayo so a bit either way in this approximation and it could be too flappy or too tight.
Eat cake before you're hungry

AlanW

Re: Anybody got a Jersey made by Owayo?

Post by AlanW » 30 Jan 2011 18:11

CakeStop wrote:Owayo do custom jerseys for clubs etc so this is a bit of a long shot. Does anybody have one in medium or large that they could compare with one of our recent club jerseys or which I could try? I understand they're about a size smaller than Endura but this doesn't help much as I'm right in between a small & medium Endura leaving me in between medium & large Owayo so a bit either way in this approximation and it could be too flappy or too tight.
As luck would have it Steve, the sponsored jerseys that were made for our LEJoG ride with the Scouts were made my Owayo.

But, I had to get a size larger than the Endura Beacon top?
"You only need two tools: WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape"

Dave Cox

Post by Dave Cox » 30 Jan 2011 18:17

Isn't this just a great message board - you just ask and you get an answer

CakeStop

Post by CakeStop » 30 Jan 2011 19:01

Thanks Alan. How close are you to the boundary with Endura though? Would you say it's a full size difference or half a size. Does the next size up in Owayo fit exactly the same as the size smaller Endura or is it a bit bigger or a bit smaller?

AlanW

Post by AlanW » 30 Jan 2011 19:40

CakeStop wrote:Thanks Alan. How close are you to the boundary with Endura though? Would you say it's a full size difference or half a size. Does the next size up in Owayo fit exactly the same as the size smaller Endura or is it a bit bigger or a bit smaller?
Having just tried on my Endura Beacon top again, which is a Large, and then again with the Owayo top which is a XL, I would say that the fit is exactly the same.

And my Assos top is a XXL.....:shock:

However, given my recent experiences with buying clothing :oops: you are taking a gamble listening to me anyway. :oops:
"You only need two tools: WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape"

CakeStop

Post by CakeStop » 30 Jan 2011 19:59

Thanks again Alan, that's useful. Sounds like I'll have to play safe and order a large.