Bicicielo

Swap notes about technical issues

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, Andy Terry

Tim

Bicicielo

Post by Tim » 07 Nov 2011 22:18

Sorry if this has already been discussed or posted elsewhere but what are people's thoughts on this new shop in town?

Personally I thought it was truly amazing both in terms of the kit they have and layout.

The staff were v friendly and I noted a beacon coloured / italian styled bottle cage (Circa£7) and helmet (circa £99 I think but cant remember brand) that will both be going on my Christmas list!

Philmondo

Post by Philmondo » 07 Nov 2011 23:14

Yeah, great looking shop. I went in a few weeks ago and Steve Jones kindly took the time to show me round. Really impressed (although I still haven't spent any money there).
I can gather all the news I need on the weather report.

PatBoySlim

Post by PatBoySlim » 07 Nov 2011 23:30

Steve showed me around and informed me he was a Beaconite !

Really nice guy. He spent loads of time to explain things and pass on some useful tips, he even reassured me to the strength of a carbon frame by showing me his destroyed bike were someone hit him at about 50mph and drove off !

I’m after a Pinarello FP2 and his price was one of the best I’ve been offered which I was surprised at as the shop looks expensive!

The helmet in question is a Kask in Italian national colours ( I saw it too)
Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard

Grogz

Re: Bicicielo

Post by Grogz » 08 Nov 2011 09:31

Tim wrote:...and helmet (circa £99 I think but cant remember brand) that will both be going on my Christmas list!
Just bought one of these Kask helmets from Red Kite. Cost a bit more, but might be a different model? I hope.

Pedlo Mudguardo

Post by Pedlo Mudguardo » 08 Nov 2011 19:07

If BICICIELO is an indication of cycling's current status I'd say things are looking good. A beautiful shop full of beautiful things and the guys, although not quite so beautiful, have always been really friendly and helpful.
Treated myself to a Salice helmet with splendid Beacon stripe.
Really hope they do well.

Tim

Post by Tim » 09 Nov 2011 05:05

Yep it was the Salice ones I saw available in black or white.

http://www.salice.co.uk/product.php?sty ... main-image[/url]

CakeStop

Post by CakeStop » 14 Nov 2011 22:04

Sent: 14 November 2011 09:01
Subject: Bicicielo offers club discounts

We have now been open for just over 3 months and we are now fully stocked with all of our winter kit and accessories .

We are now showcasing our 2012 range of Pinarello bikes as well as highlighting our range of whyte mountain, cross and hybrid bikes.

If you would please make all of your members aware that they can claim a club discount when in store and look out for our new online store which we will be launching this saturday at www.bicicielo.com

Kind regards

andy

Les Ladbury

Post by Les Ladbury » 13 Dec 2011 08:39

PatBoySlim wrote:Steve showed me around and informed me he was a Beaconite !
Pat.

Assuming the Steve Jones referred to is THE Steve Jones, during his racing career he achieved more than any other Beacon rider. I would go so far as to say all others put together havn't achieved as much as Steve.
Les

Dave Cox

Post by Dave Cox » 14 Dec 2011 18:50

Yep its the Steve Jones!

mike mac

Post by mike mac » 18 Dec 2011 21:57

Yep its definitely THE Steve Jones. Him and Andy come out on the BCC Saturday morning ride sometimes, really nice guys. Andy is an ex pro too and they are both really helpful and offer hints and tips to us not so ex pro's!! I think the shop is doing very nicely judging by the number of new pinarello's that keep appearing in the bunch each week.

George

Post by George » 19 Dec 2011 10:13

Of course, being a good cyclist doesn't necessarily make you a good shop owner. But if there's any ex-pro whom I would expect to be good at it, Steve Jones is that man. He combines great knowledge of the sport with a very personable manner and years of experience in retailing (he was in the carpet trade for a long time).

Unless I win the lottery, I cannot imagine I will ever buy a Pinarello, but if I do, I would have no hesitation in buying it from Steve.

George

Post by George » 19 Dec 2011 10:34

PS: I think the name of the shop means "bicycle(s) heaven".

I have been struck on recent visits to Italy by how many shops over there have English names; I have a jersey, for example, in the colours of "Racing Bike Salvazzano". Most of these English names sound a bit corny to me, which sometimes makes me wonder what Italians make of the many shops and brands with Italian-sounding names in this and other north European countries.

No matter, though. Bicicielo is selling to Brits, not Italians. And the name comes across as pretty cool and sexy up in lights in the centre of a dreary drizzly English city.

jonnyri

Post by jonnyri » 19 Dec 2011 17:30

I popped into the shop (after some shopping) to wish the guys a Merry Christmas. Steve had just sold a two grand bike to a fella who popped his head in to ask some directions :shock:
"He da man" 8)

dweben

Post by dweben » 19 Dec 2011 22:51

Nice shop, been in and had a poke about. What's the beacon discount??

£40/hr general labour charge when servicing... yikes! I hearby offer my services in the workshop that is my shed, for a mere undercutting £39.95/hr!

Tim

Post by Tim » 30 Dec 2011 19:31

Had bike fit there today. Just £50 at moment and I thought great value. Good measuring software, expert friendly advice and took hour and a half in total. The ride home was very good and fast as a result.