New Bikes on the Beacon Club Runs

Swap notes about technical issues

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, Andy Terry

WorcsPhil

New Bikes on the Beacon Club Runs

Post by WorcsPhil » 04 Mar 2013 23:33

I read somewhere that bikes are renewed every 5-10 years on average by club cyclists, and therefore I guess there are 20+ new bikes purchased every year by Beacon riders.

I see from a similar thread that Paul's Spesh Roubaix and Keith's Trek Madone 4.7 have made their debut this week, and my new bike saw the light of day at the MadMarchHare on the same day.

Mine's a Bianchi Infinito bought and sized up at Epic Cycles in Ludlow...dashes of Celeste Green, bags of style and heritage, and far too good for my ability...but it's better than spending it on something sensible.

Any more new bikes with proud owners blinking into the sunshine soon?

first thoughts on your new bikes welcome (and let's hope this is a non-judgemental thread, if you want to run down others' choices, go on BikeRadar)

laurence_cooley

Post by laurence_cooley » 06 Mar 2013 07:40

You forgot to mention the Di2, Phil. I reckon you mght be the first person to go on a club run with electronic shifting.

Pedlo Mudguardo

Post by Pedlo Mudguardo » 06 Mar 2013 17:58

I remember Martin Walker riding with Di2 a year or two back.

HAZBRO

Post by HAZBRO » 06 Mar 2013 19:56

Phils got di2 huh, i think their are going to be thieves lurking around the black horse on sunday in their run down ford fiestas with cricket bats and snapbacks, phil you better get yourself down the gym otherwise it will be a di2 mash up!
basically £12k lying around the black horse car park and Phil unconscious, dont be expecting help as all the others just one a piece of the di2!