Insoles

Swap notes about technical issues

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, Andy Terry

Ed Moss

Insoles

Post by Ed Moss » 20 May 2014 11:10

Anyone recommend replacement insoles to replace the paper ones in my Sidis, I've had a look around but there are hundreds.

petemarshall

Post by petemarshall » 20 May 2014 11:36

I use Superfeet Black in my recently purchased Sidis and they are wonderfully comfortable on long rides. Wiggle stocks all the superfeet range. There are a couple of different styles for cycling shoes dependent on what you are looking for. They have a decent web site. I also use a different one in my winter mountaineering (plastic) boots and they are a life saver, if you have ever worn plastic boots for a long time you will know what I mean.

I brought a size larger than my previous Sidis as I planned on fitting insoles and they had always been a little tight, so check that the extra space taken by the new insoles doesn't affect fit.[/url]

petemarshall

Post by petemarshall » 20 May 2014 13:35

I think I must add that I can't be sure if it this insoles or the carbon soles that make the newer Sidi's more comfortable as the old shoes are too tight to fit them in. I have only ever worn Sidi road shoes since the '90's (there weren't many alternatives in the olden days :) ), but obviously these new ones are lighter and stiffer so may just be more comfortable any way even without the insoles!

I do have a pair of cheap shimano spd shoes which I use for commuting etc and must try them in those as they are very uncomfortable after more than a couple of hours in comparison to the road shoes.

Alastair

Post by Alastair » 09 Jun 2014 22:25

I got my insoles for my Shimano shoes from the Specialized concept store. They tested my feet for the instep height and gave me the appropriate insole. They even cut them to size and fitted them. They certainly helped with some ITB knee issues I was having.

IIRC think they are a bit cheaper than the superfeet ones (which I use in my ski boots).