Mavic Kysrium ES wheels - question?

Swap notes about technical issues

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, Andy Terry

AlanW

Mavic Kysrium ES wheels - question?

Post by AlanW » 08 Jul 2015 20:43

My trusty Kysrium ES wheelset has finally given up on me, well should I say the rear wheel rim has given up on me.

To my horror, during a routine once over at the start of last weekend, I noticed to my horror a 3 way crack coming from one of the eyelet holes, with each "leg" of the crack being about 20mm in length. In truth I've no idea how long it has been there, but needless to say that I am not confident in using them any longer.

I have contacted Mavic direct and they have refused to even look at them as they are more then 5 years old, despite me being a paying customer. Now my initial thoughts was to maybe get a Kysrium SL rim laced to the hub. But it now seems that even that isn't an option :cry:

So I am now left with a perfectly good front wheel and a perfectly good rear hub???

So my question to those in the know, any idea how best to resolve this? Or is that it, the rear wheel is now rendered scrap??

If so, then does anyone want a Mavic Kysrium ES front wheel in dam good condition!
"You only need two tools: WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape"

dicvic

Post by dicvic » 10 Jul 2015 17:17

Hi Alan
Same problem on a Shimano RS21 rear wheel but on every spoke hole on the drive side only!
No idea how long i had been riding on it like that.
Richard