New Bike

Swap notes about technical issues

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, Andy Terry

Gareth

New Bike

Post by Gareth » 05 Jun 2016 01:03

Just trying to decide on a new bike and just want to see if anyone has any experience of the bikes in question.

I'm torn between going lightweight with a Cannodale Super 6 Evo red or aero with the Boardman Air 9.2. Price is similar.

I have started to race the odd crit when I'm not injured/ill (which seems to have been most of this year) but I do want something that I could ride all day.

Any thoughts appreciated or any other suggestions for around the £2k mark would also be good.

laurence_cooley

Post by laurence_cooley » 05 Jun 2016 11:03

There are loads of options around that price, and I'm sure that lots of people will have recommendations. As for the SuperSix, I've been really happy with mine. If you can get to Ludlow, it's worth visiting Epic Cycles, who are a Cannondale dealer, to try one out. While they might not be able to compete on price with some online deals, they include a bike fit in all sales and tend to throw in upgraded wheels.

laurence_cooley

Post by laurence_cooley » 05 Jun 2016 15:16

That said, for racing (and crits especially), I tend to use a 10-year-old alloy bike that I picked up on eBay, because it'll be cheaper to replace if I break it!