C+ ride. 42 miles burst to Wootton Wawen. Saturday 2nd July. 1pm

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

CeGi

C+ ride. 42 miles burst to Wootton Wawen. Saturday 2nd July. 1pm

Post by CeGi » 28 Jun 2022 22:24

For those who want more or can't ride Sunday I propose this little burst Saturday afternoon:
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/39996103
Expected average speed 14mph.
Meet at the BH for a 1pm departure.
Not café stop during the ride but possibility for a pint at the end if some are tempted.

Ced. G.
Ian Gannon

NB1: Please note that due to medical reasons I use a handle-bar extender, a bit like TT-bars. I use this to relief the pain of NHS diagnosed trapped nerves in my wrists and elbow. I do NOT use these to ride like a TT racer, to draft behind others or similar performance seeking stunts.
Every bike ride, be it commute, ride alone or in group, entails its share of risks (bad road surface, motorised traffic, natural elements, our or other riders' mistakes or inattentions...). This is common knowledge and we all ride at our own risk. Nevertheless if my use of this extender this makes you feel uncomfortable, please do not join my rides.

NB2: Please also note that due to a combination of overloaded bike, love handles and betablockers, I am slow going uphill. Do not expect Alps climbing performance from me. So do not be surprised if you'll probably all overtake me during climbs. We'll regroup at the top and carry on from there.

CeGi

Re: C+ ride. 42 miles burst to Wootton Wawen. Saturday 2nd July. 1pm

Post by CeGi » 02 Jul 2022 21:01

The rain was supposed to have finished for the day ... or so they said so we went out without shoe covers ... and ended up with buckets at our feet.
I had hoped to attract a few Beaconers (Beaconists ?) but the 2 tempted ended up having to work, and a possible interested guy met on Facebook ending up backing off 30 minutes before. So no new recruit for the club this time and we ended up just the two of us:
Ian Gannon
Ced G (L)