Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 1st May

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

WorcsPhil

Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 1st May

Post by WorcsPhil » 25 Apr 2022 10:42

WEEKLY UPDATE:

So the LMTT came to pass on a sunny but windy day. Huge kudos to the organisers, marshals and timekeepers, especially John Hitchcock of course. Great to see Richard Bussell, formerly of this parish winning again. He's pretty useful, eh? ...but could he hack a Sunday club run to Ledbury with Cedric and the gang...I think not :D Congrats to all the Beacon riders, especially Kevin Satterthwaite and Celia Brown for outstanding rides...

A few club rides went our to watch and support, so thanks to Louise Crowley, Cedric (of course), and Dave Cox for leading rides and encouraging people to go out and cheer.

Can you believe it's May next Sunday, time is going so fast, I'm sure that this time last year it was only February 17th...anyway, now we'll be in the month of the Giro d'Italia, it's time to get on your Beacon tricolore tops and join club runs...I'm sure that there will be plenty going out next week and we already have an Intro ride locked in.

What else is happening...well, there's another Earlswood TT on Wednesday and this time, there is a 2-up road bike element thrown in...I've heard that there are a few non-TT'ers having a go at this, so grab a mate and have a go, it could be fun. Entries and more details are here:
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/club-tim ... 0927250237

Anything happening on the racing front? If you've raced either road, crit or MTB, then shout out about it either on the MB or on FaceBook...be good to get regular updates and photos.

See you on the road, and I'll be racing my first ever 2-up with Neil Orchard on Wednesday evening so you can teach an old dog new tricks, as long as that new trick involves a bike and a reliable back wheel to follow <@>

Phil