British Cycling Ride Leader Training. PLACES NOW FILLED.

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

Mick Stanford

British Cycling Ride Leader Training. PLACES NOW FILLED.

Post by Mick Stanford » 30 May 2022 19:50

Hi all.
A fantastic opportunity has been offered to 3 Beacon RCC members.
British Cycling have offered 3 free places to Beacon RCC members to train as British Cycling ride leaders.
The course is over one day and will take place in Sutton Coldfield on the 10th September.
Qualification enables ride leaders to deliver rides to beginners and intermediate level adults and accompanied children under the British Cycling Guided Ride programme.
Those interested will be expected to deliver 8 Guided Rides a year. The plan is for these to take place on Sundays.
To make things really easy I will plan a programme of rides and routes throughout the year so no need for you to plan your own.
Once qualified you will be supported by myself, an experienced Guided Ride leader to help get you up and running.
This is an ideal opportunity for any club member, including those who have thought about leading a ride but not taken the step yet. This course will give you the confidence to do this.
Have a look at a ride I am leading soon as you will get an idea of what they are about https://www.letsride.co.uk/rides/beacon ... od-lakes-1
You will receive free British Cycling membership and a Guided Ride leader jersey and jacket.
If you are interested in this fantastic and very rewarding opportunity please do comment, message or call or text me. 07990951914
Mick
Last edited by Mick Stanford on 21 Jun 2022 21:21, edited 2 times in total.

George

Re: British Cycling Ride Leader Training

Post by George » 30 May 2022 20:47

I night be interested in doing this, Mick. However, a lot depends on the details of where and when I would be expected to lead rides. Also, I wouldn't want to take a place on the course away from someone younger, with more opportunity to make use of the qualification. So, if there is a lot of interest, I'll stand aside.

Mick Stanford

Post by Mick Stanford » 30 May 2022 21:12

George wrote:
30 May 2022 20:47
I night be interested in doing this, Mick. However, a lot depends on the details of where and when I would be expected to lead rides. Also, I wouldn't want to take a place on the course away from someone younger, with more opportunity to make use of the qualification. So, if there is a lot of interest, I'll stand aside.
My idea is to set up a programme of rides which will be the same or similar route each time. Initially once a fortnight then hopefully once a week, with 4 leaders including myself this should be possible. I inform ride leaders of the dates of the rides, the ride leaders then tell me which dates they are available for. I will then allocate the leaders to the dates.
I am doing 1 a month at present in Beacons name, here is the link, have a look https://www.letsride.co.uk/rides/beacon ... od-lakes-1

CeGi

Post by CeGi » 07 Jun 2022 17:57

As discussed this weekend, I am in. Let spread the love of cycling :D