Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 19th June

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

WorcsPhil

Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 19th June

Post by WorcsPhil » 13 Jun 2022 15:27

WEEKLY UPDATE:

First up...huge congratulations to Celia Brown on her second place in her category in the time trial at this weekend's Tour of Cambridgeshire Gran Fondo. Pictures on the Facebook page, and also to Jess Rhodes-Jones (formerly of this parish) for winning her category at the same event!

So good to see well over 40 riders out on club runs this week...thanks to Kamran, Cedric, Paul B, Mariana and myself for leading, and to all the Tuesday riders...great work. We can tell that Summer is here (almost) as numbers are up, speeds are up and heavy winter bikes have been retired for a few weeks to that dusty spot in the corner of your shed.

...and as Summer is here, more and more Beacon adventures are going on...huge congrats to Simons' Turner and Walker for their trip between Munich and Rome, excellent hokum in the blazing heat of the continent, and also to Helen Colson for a solo tour into the depths of the Swedish wildlands in the cold and rain...Opposite conditions, but great to read of your adventures!

This week sees a couple of impending long rides, first Paul Johnson's trip to the east coast and back on Saturday measuring out at 375kms is open to the A-riders, but topping that is Cedric's long-trained-for first 300 for those new to the distance. Good luck to Ced and all the riders for their trip to the Severn Bridge at Chepstow and back on Saturday!

There are also races on Saturday with Huan making his racing debut at Darley Moor, so let's hear about all these rides next week...I encourage all those riding longer than they've ever done, or racing for the first time to record and post your thoughts, and hopefully others will follow in your illustrious pedals.

...and again, post your pictures on Facebook of the Beacon 75th anniversary jersey in faraway or unusual places, and by that, I don't mean your outside toilet!

Have a great week, apply your sun cream and ride till it gets dark, or until your smile goes.

Phil