Saturday 13th Aug. 8:00. 50 miles C+ burst. Beer(s)/drink(s)/food AT THE END if interested

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

CeGi

Saturday 13th Aug. 8:00. 50 miles C+ burst. Beer(s)/drink(s)/food AT THE END if interested

Post by CeGi » 07 Aug 2022 08:43

With next week-end likely to be hot, a long 200k ride like last week is out of question as I have no lizard's gene in my DNA.
So as discussed during the ride last Saturday I propose an early Burst to keep the finish time before the heat cranks up.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/40507069 expected average speed 14mph.
8:00 start at the BH.
The good news is I propose a stop for beer/drink at the end at he black horse for those interested. I saw the manager and she's OK with us bringing our bikes in the beer garden behind, as long as we keep an eye on them ourselves and that the group is not too big.

Kamran Anwar
Ian Gannon
Ced G (L)
Alberto Recchioni
Ewan Ross

Already tried earlier this year without much success, but trying again: I'll be leaving at 7:00 to add another 20km and then go back to the BH for 8:00 and the main ride, to make the day a 100k. If some interested in joining me to clock another metric, please let me know or else I might just shoot from my home for the first part.

NB1: Please note that due to medical reasons I use a handle-bar extender, a bit like TT-bars. I use this to relief the pain of NHS diagnosed trapped nerves in my wrists and elbow. I do NOT use these to ride like a TT racer, to draft behind others or similar performance seeking stunts.
Every bike ride, be it commute, ride alone or in group, entails its share of risks (bad road surface, motorised traffic, natural elements, our or other riders' mistakes or inattentions...). This is common knowledge and we all ride at our own risk. Nevertheless if my use of this extender this makes you feel uncomfortable, please do not join my rides.

NB2: Please also note that due to a combination of overloaded bike, love handles and betablockers, I am slow going uphill. Do not expect Alps climbing performance from me. So do not be surprised if you'll probably all overtake me during climbs. We'll regroup at the top and carry on from there.
Last edited by CeGi on 13 Aug 2022 14:14, edited 7 times in total.

Alberto Recchioni

Re: Saturday 13th Aug. 8:00. 50 miles C+ burst. Beer(s)/drink(s)/food AT THE END if interested

Post by Alberto Recchioni » 09 Aug 2022 09:18

Hei capitaine,
Put me on the list for the 7 AM start.

Thanks

E1

Re: Saturday 13th Aug. 8:00. 50 miles C+ burst. Beer(s)/drink(s)/food AT THE END if interested

Post by E1 » 10 Aug 2022 21:49

Hi Ced
I can join you at 7am on Saturday as well.
Ewan

IanG

Post by IanG » 11 Aug 2022 10:07

I’m in for 7am

Kamran

Post by Kamran » 12 Aug 2022 11:27

I'll join for 8am at the BH. See you then.

CeGi

Post by CeGi » 13 Aug 2022 14:05

Thanks to all the registered riders for coming. Glad my Russian doll offer of 2 rides in 1 finally worked.

Remember, on hot days like today, the important thing is too keep hydrated:
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D