Saturday 20th Aug. 9:00am. 56 miles/90k C+ ride to Wellesbourne

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

CeGi

Saturday 20th Aug. 9:00am. 56 miles/90k C+ ride to Wellesbourne

Post by CeGi » 16 Aug 2022 09:10

I am intending to lead a 90k/56miles ride to Wellesbourne Saturday.
intended route: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/35685750. Expected pace 14mph

I am planning to have a café stop at the 'Touch Down café' we so often cycle past to see what it's all about.
If queues are really too long (as I understand it was the reason the club stop having café stops there) we could always go back to the Charlecote garden centre.

Meet at the BH for a 9:00 start

NB1: Please note that due to medical reasons I use a handle-bar extender, a bit like TT-bars. I use this to relief the pain of NHS diagnosed trapped nerves in my wrists and elbow. I do NOT use these to ride like a TT racer, to draft behind others or similar performance seeking stunts.
Every bike ride, be it commute, ride alone or in group, entails its share of risks (bad road surface, motorised traffic, natural elements, our or other riders' mistakes or inattentions...). This is common knowledge and we all ride at our own risk. Nevertheless if my use of this extender this makes you feel uncomfortable, please do not join my rides.

NB2: Please also note that due to a combination of overloaded bike, love handles and betablockers, I am slow going uphill. Do not expect Alps climbing performance from me. So do not be surprised if you'll probably all overtake me during climbs. We'll regroup at the top and carry on from there.

CeGi

Re: Saturday 20th Aug. 9:00am. 56 miles/90k C+ ride to Wellesbourne

Post by CeGi » 20 Aug 2022 18:46

I understand now why the club rides avoid this café. 40 minutes waiting time for a simple egg and mushroom sandwich!! Would have been OK if someone had joined me as we could have chatted, but not alone.
Then on my way back Charlecote garden centre had a problem with its water supply so café closed.
Ended up doing a 100k, without proper stop. Legs and average speed paid the price towards the end.

Wilvo

Re: Saturday 20th Aug. 9:00am. 56 miles/90k C+ ride to Wellesbourne

Post by Wilvo » 21 Aug 2022 08:39

Note to self, check this page sooner. I would have joined you yesterday Cedric.