Off road/ x-cross club run. BH Sunday 11th 9am.

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

jbendle

Off road/ x-cross club run. BH Sunday 11th 9am.

Post by jbendle » 09 Sep 2022 10:50

Hi All,

I'll lead an off-road club run - mixture of single track/ gravel/ mud/ tow-paths, bit of road. Leave BH at 9am. Happy to make it a burst or have a quick cafe stop in the Licky Hills (depending on consensus).

Technical in parts. It's hilly (please see profile). Aimed at A/B riders and especially for those hoping to compete in xcross (we can practice some dismounting and mounting at some point).

Route:

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/40879044

James

James Bendle
George Bendle

CeGi

Re: Off road/ x-cross club run. BH Sunday 11th 9am.

Post by CeGi » 09 Sep 2022 18:05

Can't make it this week (got my own ride) but would be tempted if you do it again.
2 questions though:
Is that just for gravel bikes or would a MTB be OK too?
What do you mean with 'aimed at A/B riders? Still intended to reach some serious speed?!!?

Helen

Re: Off road/ x-cross club run. BH Sunday 11th 9am.

Post by Helen » 09 Sep 2022 21:38

Also would like to know what you mean by the A/B riders thing. Enjoyed the ride we did last time and would like to join you for more of them but defo not a B rider on my gravel bike.

jbendle

Re: Off road/ x-cross A/B club run. BH Sunday 11th 9am.

Post by jbendle » 10 Sep 2022 11:26

Hi Helen Ced,

To be honest it's really aimed at some doing some efforts on the climbs and not so much of a social ride. Me and George are training for the West Midlands CX league (we are racing next week). I know some others are doing xcross this year (Huang, Kyle maybe others).

I think there is more and more people in the club with off-road bikes (inc. MTBs). So room for someone to lead a slower more social group following a similar route for C/D riders?

best,

James

jbendle

Re: Off road/ x-cross club run. BH Sunday 11th 9:30 am.

Post by jbendle » 11 Sep 2022 08:35

Having a mechanical issues - will be leaving at 9:30am