Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 17th/18th of September

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

WorcsPhil

Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 17th/18th of September

Post by WorcsPhil » 12 Sep 2022 16:15

WEEKLY UPDATE:

So, in a sad week for the UK, I read that people like to congregate to celebrate the life of the Queen, and to reflect what this all means for Britain, whether our four nations will stick together, and where we are in the World's consciousness...or perhaps it doesn't in your life... we live our own lives, eh? Whatever last week, this week and next week means to you, it is certainly a momentous time for our country.

...and yet, trivial things like a cycling hobby still goes on... we have club runs, racing, hilly time trials, before the gravel rides that is the lanes of Worcestershire in Autumn take over. Thanks as usual to the guys who led at the weekend, including James Bendle, Cedric and Stuart Jones/Andy Wrightson in a Harvington/Blackminster yo-yo ride for the B's and A's.

It is the Hill Climb this coming Sunday at Winwood Heath Lane in Romsley at 10am, and it is tradition for club runs to either end or start there so that we give as much support to the riders as we can. So if you're not riding or helping out, then go along and watch. George is ending a club ride there ready for the 10am hill start, and I'll start a club ride from the top of the hill around 10:30 or when everyone has finished... so don't go off-piste and organise a club run elsewhere please just for this one week. Save that for next weekend!

By the way, it was great to see Cedric, Paul Balfe and Richard Chaplin complete a BC Ride Leaders course last weekend....that makes four BC qualified ride leaders (those three plus Mick Stanford), who can lead official BC rides for the wider cycling community, thereby strengthening the link into the community that we want to create with Beacon. Mick will keep everyone updated with BC-Rides which complement our Intro rides, proving a pathway for people new to cycling to go from BC rides to our own club rides. It'll be great to see this working over the coming months.

Shout out! It would be good to get regular reports from the final few races of the road season and the start of the Cross season... either let me know in advance or post them onto the MB/Facebook

...and finally, we only have 3 weeks left of the Tuesday Bash, so give it a go before they officially stop on the last Tuesday in September.

That's it, as I'm in a reflective mood. Keep chirpy despite world events.

Phil