Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 8th/9th of October

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

WorcsPhil

Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 8th/9th of October

Post by WorcsPhil » 03 Oct 2022 10:48

WEEKLY UPDATE:

Now as you know, I love a good Audax, and luckily we had one last Saturday...Philip Whiteman's South Salopian was a textbook 200kms audax, excellent pre-publicity, great route with some fast sections, not too many tiny muddy lanes (is Phil going soft with us?), and a simply fab ascent/descent over the Long Mynd, great HQ, lovely food at the end, loads of Beacon riders and helpers and perfect weather...sunny and cool with a lovely tailwind home. I may be blowing smoke up someone's jacksy, but I don't care...that was fab. Huge thanks to Dr Whiteman and hope everyone enjoyed it. That's the last of the Beacon audaxes for this year (although there is a Droitwich CC audax on the 12th November, that is also organised by the great doctor W, so get your entries onto that), otherwise, the next Beacon event is the Snowdrop/Sunrise 120kms audax on the last Saturday in February next year...this event will be open to entries later this month. Keep 'em peeled.

We also had FOUR club runs on Sunday, so thanks to Mariana Sorrill, Si Turner, Cedric and Dave Cox for leading the Intro, B, C and D respectively. Great to see an all female Intro ride, and a D-ride full of Dave's...is that what the D stands for? We always seem to get an ebb and flow to club runs, i.e. sometimes we have loads of A-riders out for weeks on end, but no C-ride, but we're on the opposite ebb at the moment, with 3 weeks without an A-ride, so get your name down please to lead ...we have loads of A-riders all waiting for each other to lead. Grab the Commonwealth Games bull by the short and curlies and step up...please!

Be great to see one A, B, C and D this week all lined up by Wednesday. I know I'm the most ignored man in the Western Hemisphere with these requests, but it would be great to prove me wrong this week!

Unfortunately, the Tuesday night bashes are over for this year...Thanks as always to Neil Orchard for organising these, but they'll be back, stronger than ever next Spring. Also, I'm aware that cycling trends change and it is clear that gravel is the new rock n' roll...Speaking to Jess Rhodes-Jones (formerly of this parish) at Saturday's audax, she said that they had a 75kms gravel club run the following day around Monmouth...so gravellers, I've heard many of you pontificating on getting a gravel club run going, so why not get a date sorted later this month? I think a monthly gravel club run, either on local tracks/towpaths or a trip to a more gravelly location might be possible....but it'll only happen if someone rubs loose dirt onto their wheels and gets it organised. Are you that person?

Anyway, enough chuntering for this week. Enjoy the jet stream later in the week and the falling autumnal leaves onto our local roads. Stay safe.

Phil

WorcsPhil

Re: Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 8th/9th of October

Post by WorcsPhil » 07 Oct 2022 14:31

Where are you A-riders????

I told you I was the most ignored man in the kingdom. I would lead myself but we have Covid in the house so I'm isolating until we test negative....

Phil