Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 19th/20th November

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

WorcsPhil

Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 19th/20th November

Post by WorcsPhil » 14 Nov 2022 16:29

WEEKLY UPDATE:

This coming Saturday evening sees the 76th anniversary Beacon Awards Dinner. If you haven't already signed up, and your plans have changed and no you do have time to come along, then why not do so...I'm sure you can be accommodated as I hear that it will be closed to entries at noon tomorrow, but after that only if you ask Neil Orchard/Mariana or George Barker nicely... Be good to see you there.

...and Beacon member of the week...is this a thing now? Have I just made it up? Is it like a MacDonald's employee of the day? anyhow...this week goes to Karl Walton for his 300kms overnight audax on Friday/Saturday took the biscuit and huge congrats to him... There were plenty of other Beacon members riding 200kms audax on Saturday, mostly on Dr Whiteman's simply excellent 'Salinae and Cotswold Audax' which saw over half a dozen Beaconites grunting up Sudeley Bank in the warm November sunshine - amusing to see a number of riders who had delegated the purchase of Peter Kay tickets to their spouses on Saturday only to smile knowingly as their spouses reported that they were currently 240,000th in the queue :shock: ... but huge congrats to Stuart White for a memorial ride (extended to 200kms) to Martyn Gall who tragically died on a Sette ride two years ago ... RIP.

Club runs continued apace...a brill and very popular B-ride led by Mariana to Worcester Country Park was the highlight, but excellent other rides led by Pete Norman and Paul Balfe, as well as Cedric leading a BC led ride... Thanks to all the leaders for coming forward. The A-riders were excused last Sunday and this coming Sunday as many were on the audax, and will be at the dinner this Saturday, but then my list kicks in again...so if you were on Paul Johnson's ride 3 weeks ago to Broad Acres, better get your name down to lead soon!

Finally, poor Matt Russell crashed out of Sunday's cross event on the first lap, so better luck to him at the next one...and again, the Beacon cross event at Walsall is still ON for Sunday December 4th...get your name down to help, even an hour or two would help... don't forget, as a club we organise a lot, and we want this to continue despite the great apathy plague that has hit Britain...you know what to do.

See many of you on Saturday night.

Phil