Sunday 27th Nov, British Cycling Guided Ride to Earlswood Lakes, 28 miles at D ride pace. 9am depart.

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

CeGi

Sunday 27th Nov, British Cycling Guided Ride to Earlswood Lakes, 28 miles at D ride pace. 9am depart.

Post by CeGi » 22 Nov 2022 08:56

This coming Sunday I will be leading the weekly Guided Ride to Earlswood Lakes and the Craft Centre Cafe, 9am start from The Black Horse car park, Northfield. Michael LEL Stanford will be with me.
This is a perfect ride for riders wishing to try out the club or if you just fancy a nice steady, relaxed and chatty ride out.
Pace should be between 10 and 13mph but will be to the slowest rider, no one is left behind. The group will stay together so you will be looked after throughout.
We will be stopping at Earlswood Craft Centre Cafe at 18 miles to refuel.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/41238365

you can refer someone interested to the event page on Lets Ride below:
https://www.letsride.co.uk/rides/beacon ... akes-iaths
or if from the BRCC, just reply to this thread as usual (Beacon members welcome, not just external newbies)

Dave Cole
Ced G (L1)
Colin Hall
Tim Higgs
Carina McGovern
Geoff Mann
Michael LEL Stanford (L2)
Kevan Williams

NB1: Please note that due to medical reasons I use a handle-bar extender, a bit like TT-bars. I use this to relief the pain of NHS diagnosed trapped nerves in my wrists and elbows. I do NOT use these to ride like a TT racer, to draft behind others or similar performance seeking stunts.
Every bike ride, be it commute, ride alone or in group, entails its share of risks (bad road surface, motorised traffic, natural elements, our or other riders' mistakes or inattentions...). This is common knowledge and we all ride at our own risk. Nevertheless if my use of this extender makes you feel uncomfortable, please do not join my rides.

NB2: Please also note that due to a combination of overloaded bike, love handles and betablockers, I am slow going uphill. Do not expect Alps climbing performance from me. So do not be surprised if you'll probably all overtake me during climbs. We'll regroup at the top and carry on from there.
Last edited by CeGi on 26 Nov 2022 14:03, edited 2 times in total.

bikercolin

Re: Sunday 27th Nov, British Cycling Guided Ride to Earlswood Lakes, 28 miles at D ride pace. 9am depart.

Post by bikercolin » 25 Nov 2022 19:04

Put me down please

Carina_Aces

Re: Sunday 27th Nov, British Cycling Guided Ride to Earlswood Lakes, 28 miles at D ride pace. 9am depart.

Post by Carina_Aces » 26 Nov 2022 11:25

I’d like a spot too if gd ☺️

CeGi

Post by CeGi » 27 Nov 2022 14:15

One of our external visitor couldn't make it because of a bad cold but we had the pleasure to welcome Kevan and the chance to show him what kind of nice bunch we can be (well at least we tried).

Ended up attending
:
Dave Cole
Ced G (L1)
Colin Hall
Carina McGovern
Geoff Mann
Michael LEL Stanford (L2)
Kevan Williams

Chilled out ride in a very mild weather with great café stop. What more does one want?

David Cole

Post by David Cole » 27 Nov 2022 16:07

Thanks for leading today Ced- really enjoyed it
Dave
David Cole

Beacon Roads Cycling Club

CeGi

Post by CeGi » 27 Nov 2022 19:44

Glad you did.
So did I Dave, so did I

Mick Stanford

Post by Mick Stanford » 27 Nov 2022 19:48

Great ride out today Ced, really enjoyed it, thank you