Zwift Sessions - Saturday 10th and Sunday 11th December

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

AlanW

Zwift Sessions - Saturday 10th and Sunday 11th December

Post by AlanW » 09 Dec 2022 17:39

Hi all,

With the forecast looking like its going to be icy over the weekend, I've set up a couple of sessions on Zwift

Saturday 10th December
This is a short duration ride with invites going out to other people other than just Beacon members. For that reason in order for me to send you an invite, you will need to follow me on Zwift.

08:30 start and the elastic band effect is turned on, so as long as you keep peddling no one will get left behind.

I would encourage the use of Discord, but not the Beacon Discord page, a link to the channel we are using if on the FB page

Sunday 11th December

A longer slower paced ride for Beacon only members. I have organised this via the Beacon Zwift club page, so as long as you are a member of that group you should be able to join. I'm sure I've set it up with the elastic band effect turned on, but if nit no one will get left behind.

We have a nominated red light tail end rider, but if anyone if struggling, shout up sooner rather than later please.

This is a Beacon members only ride, so we will be using the Beacon Discord channel please.

Any problems, please free to shout up, but further details are on the Beacon FB page
"You only need two tools: WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape"

AlanW

Re: Zwift Sessions - Saturday 10th and Sunday 11th December

Post by AlanW » 09 Dec 2022 19:31

This should offer some help to those new to Discord

https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/ar ... to-Discord
"You only need two tools: WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape"

AlanW

Post by AlanW » 10 Dec 2022 10:50

Well all in all it's fair to say that the first session didn't go as planned!
For reasons unknown the elastic band didn't work so the group very quick disintegrated to pieces.
This was despite me asking for a steady 1.8 to 2 w/kg to be maintained to try and keep us together.
I had people messaging me via Discord chat, FB Messenger, text and Zwift chat, so it was impossible for me to respond them all.
Some people couldn't join, but lm yet to understand why?
But it is imperative that one way or another, prefably via the Discord voice channel or the Zwift message board that you communicate to me during the ride. If you are off the back and lose a wheel, you will not get back on, l need to know so that l can slow the pace, ha.....fat chance!

AlanW

Post by AlanW » 10 Dec 2022 10:52

Sundays session, if you had previously ticked to say you were joining the ride, sorry but l made an amendment to the event and its kicked everyone out, including me!

So those that plan to join us, please submit your intention, thanks

AlanW

Post by AlanW » 10 Dec 2022 14:50

Any more interest for tomorrow's Zwift event?

To help me increase the audience for future sessions, what time would more suitable, is the route to long or to short?

More hills or less hills, you tell me what people want and l'll sort it.

But we do need a decent enough people to make the ride worthwhile.

AlanW

Post by AlanW » 10 Dec 2022 19:21

I've made an amendment to tomorrow's ride in an effort to attract more interest.

The route is now based on duration rather than distance. This ride will be one hour maximum.

Invites have been sent out, but l can only send out invitees to people that follow me on Zwift, sorry not my rules.
Screenshot_20221210-191159_Companion.jpg
Screenshot_20221210-191159_Companion.jpg (487.03 KiB) Viewed 1222 times

AlanW

Post by AlanW » 11 Dec 2022 10:09

Awesome, it all went according to plan and l would consider it to have been a success.

Discord worked well for those that used it, need more people to sign up to the sessions now!