Drop in and ride, Sunday 18th, 11am start, Direct Route to club meet up at The Swan, Chaddesley Corbett.

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

Mick Stanford

Drop in and ride, Sunday 18th, 11am start, Direct Route to club meet up at The Swan, Chaddesley Corbett.

Post by Mick Stanford » 16 Dec 2022 19:57

Please note, I am calling this as a drop in and ride, due to the overnight temperature. It is not an official club ride.

Let's meet up at 10.45 for an 11am start at the Black Horse for a short, 10 mile ride to the club meet up at The Swan, Chaddesley Corbett for 12 noon. The route is to the best of my knowledge on gritted roads just in case of frost present. Please note I have posted the route as 1 way as you may want to add miles after the meet up. If you take the same route back with others then it is just 20 miles there and back.
Groups and ride leaders can be sorted on the day or post prefered pace/leader below. I will be leading at an easy C or D pace or to the slowest rider.

Route is https://ridewithgps.com/routes/41614060

Helen Coulson
Mick Stanford
Last edited by Mick Stanford on 17 Dec 2022 20:47, edited 2 times in total.

Philip Whiteman

Re: Sunday 18th, 11am start, Direct Route to club meet up at The Swan, Chaddesley Corbett.

Post by Philip Whiteman » 16 Dec 2022 20:53

Mick, that the best choice of route. The section where you have to be really careful is the descent of Quantry Lane just beyond the Recycling Site. The bends on that descent are prone to icing even with gritting.

Mick Stanford

Re: Sunday 18th, 11am start, Direct Route to club meet up at The Swan, Chaddesley Corbett.

Post by Mick Stanford » 16 Dec 2022 21:08

Philip Whiteman wrote:
16 Dec 2022 20:53
Mick, that the best choice of route. The section where you have to be really careful is the descent of Quantry Lane just beyond the Recycling Site. The bends on that descent are prone to icing even with gritting.
I am hoping as we are not leaving until 11 any frost will be gone. I will see how things are on Sunday morning and drive down the route before the ride to check it, just in case.

CeGi

Post by CeGi » 17 Dec 2022 13:19

Hi Mick,

that's exactly what I wanted to do. A late start direct route there. Not really a club ride, but the least dangerous and fastest way to get there.
With the precipitation probability now down from 90% to 60% there's a sliver of hope.
I will aim to be there for 10:55 to join you, but if it rain or snows you won't see me, don't wait. C, D, W, I don't care too much about the pace as long as not too fast so that there's not too much wind freezing effect :lol:

I will start my return leg at around 1:30 (I know it's a short stay at the Swan, but I need to shower and make my way to my local pub for 3pm. Cannot boycott Qatar all the way!!) alone or with whoever wishes to join me

George

Post by George » 17 Dec 2022 14:24

The annual gathering at the Swan has always been one of my favourite occasions. However, it looks as if my preferred route through the lanes will be treacherous, and the gritted route via Stourport and Mustow Green really isn't much fun, especially not in the rain. So I've reluctantly decided to skip it this year.

Philip Whiteman

Post by Philip Whiteman » 17 Dec 2022 18:54

A few of us will be heading to Rowberrys to meet at 11'ish. I will be using the MTB and going cross country, though it is hardly very far from Drayton.

Helen

Re: Drop in and ride, Sunday 18th, 11am start, Direct Route to club meet up at The Swan, Chaddesley Corbett.

Post by Helen » 19 Dec 2022 09:14

Thanks Mick, was a fun day out :)