***CANCELLED*** Sunday 22nd January. BC Guided ride to Earlswood lakes, 30 miles at D pace

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

CeGi

***CANCELLED*** Sunday 22nd January. BC Guided ride to Earlswood lakes, 30 miles at D pace

Post by CeGi » 01 Jan 2023 22:48

I will be leading the BC Guided Ride to Earlswood lakes this week.
There will be a stop at 15 miles at Espresso Farm Cafe, in Umberslade Farm Park.
9:15 start from the BH.

This is a perfect ride for those wishing to try out the club, riders returning from injury or illness, or if you just fancy a nice steady, relaxed and chatty ride out
Pace will be to the slowest rider which is usually between 10 and 13mph. The group will stay together so you will be looked after throughout, no one is left behind.

Route is https://ridewithgps.com/routes/38613705

Beacon members welcome to join here. If you know of other people interested, please refer them to https://www.letsride.co.uk/rides/beacon ... od-lakes-9

Paul Balfe (L2)
Ced Gi (L1)
Tom Owen
Robert Parker
Sarah Townshend

NB1: Please note that due to medical reasons I use a handle-bar extender, a bit like TT-bars. I use this to relief the pain of NHS diagnosed trapped nerves in my wrists and elbows. I do NOT use these to ride like a TT racer, to draft behind others or similar performance seeking stunts.
Every bike ride, be it commute, ride alone or in group, entails its share of risks (bad road surface, motorised traffic, natural elements, our or other riders' mistakes or inattentions...). This is common knowledge and we all ride at our own risk. Nevertheless if my use of this extender, despite sanctioned by the BRCC committee, makes you feel uncomfortable, please do not join my rides.

NB2: Please also note that due to a combination of overloaded bike, love handles and betablockers, I am slow going uphill. Do not expect Alps climbing performance from me. So do not be surprised if you'll probably all overtake me during climbs. We'll regroup at the top and carry on from there.
Last edited by CeGi on 21 Jan 2023 10:35, edited 2 times in total.