Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 7thy and 8th of January

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

WorcsPhil

Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 7thy and 8th of January

Post by WorcsPhil » 02 Jan 2023 15:17

WEEKLY UPDATE:

2023 is here and so is the weekly update after a week's holiday. I hope you all had a great time, and in my case, 'man overeats at Christmas' is hardly a headline that will feature on the front page :o . So it's back to cycling and getting into shape for all the adventures this year has in stall....having said that, it was great to see Beacon club runs going on over the last two weeks, with rides even on Christmas Day, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. Lovely photos to go with them of course, and no doubt there were many other Beacon members looking on enviously, but were buried elbow deep in potato peelings or were still under the duvet with a bad head.

I always laugh when I see someone post, "I'll come along for the ride (on New Year's Day), but I won't stop at the pub" on the message board, but there they are in the pub on the all the strava and facebook pictures, giving it large...so thanks to Alan Weaver for 2023 first 'no pub-yes pub' moment :D

The holiday period also seems to focus minds on (y)our rides in 2023, we had three entries for the Snowdrop/Sunrise on Christmas Day, all in the afternoon, after lunch! ...and one a few minutes after midnight on New Year's Day, all entries no doubt fuelled by eggnog, but whatever your reason, get your entries in soon as we are now closing in on 200 riders...I will be posting requests for help at this audax (to be held on Saturday 25th February) in the next few days, so if you can't ride, then why not help out on one of the roles needed...

Also, late last year, we posted our immediate need for two committee vacancies to be filled as a matter of urgency. The first of these is a BC/CUK liaison officer, which if no one else volunteers soon, I'll do myself, but secondly, we REALLY, REALLY need someone who can take over and organise a series of Time Trials for this coming season...you'll get plenty of help on what to do, but this is one cycling-related activity surely no one wants to see dropped from our Beacon calender...so we ask you in all seriousness to consider this and let me, Dave Cole or George Barker know if this is something you could do!

Club runs are back this weekend...as if they ever went away... so get your name down to lead and come along to ride and chat over the issues of the day, which this week includes whether Detectorists was the best tv programme on over Christmas, or whether your vote would go to Call the Midwife? :shock:

Have fun

Phil

AdeR

Re: Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 7thy and 8th of January

Post by AdeR » 02 Jan 2023 16:28

I will lead a (hopefully) b paced ride. Bidford/Welford. Straight round. No caf stop. Approx 65m
Some things actually DO happen that are not on Strava