Sunday 15th January 9:15 - B Ride to Wyre Forest Visitor Centre

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

PhilG

Sunday 15th January 9:15 - B Ride to Wyre Forest Visitor Centre

Post by PhilG » 14 Jan 2023 08:40

I'll lead a B run to the Wyre Forest Visitor Centre, leaving the Black Horse promptly at 9:15.

This route is about 55 miles and is pretty hilly, so the average speed is likely to be around 14mph.
https://ridewithgps.com/trips/74475411

The forecast for Sunday is cold (3 degrees) but dry. I won't cancel if it does rain, but will do a shorter non stop burst instead. [Cold and wet is not a great combo after a café stop.]

Please sign up below if you would like to join the ride.

George Barker (at Cafe???)
Patrick (Zhenkai) Chen
Phil Gameson (Leader)

The raid held off and we did have some weak sun, but a headwind on the way out. Patrick was finding the hills (of which there were plenty) somewhat more challenging that expected, so I decided to shorten the route and cut back through Wolverley. We stopped off for some sustenance at Waseley Country Park. We actually did just over 40 miles.
George, sorry to not to make it to the WFVC.

Hope to see you again soon Patrick, but maybe a C run would be a better option to start with. Whilst this route was particularly hilly, there is always at least two thirds of the climbing we actually did today.
Last edited by PhilG on 15 Jan 2023 17:38, edited 2 times in total.
Phil Gameson

Patrick

Re: Sunday 15th January 9:15 - B Ride to Wyre Forest Visitor Centre

Post by Patrick » 14 Jan 2023 11:59

Hi, I'm Patrick, a new member of the club, and I'd like to join the ride. Thank you Phil.

George

Post by George » 14 Jan 2023 21:02

Phil, I'll join you at the WFVC and probably tag along for the first little bit of your return leg. At the advertised speed, I reckon you won't be there until about 11:30. So I'll aim for about the same time. If by any chance we miss each other, don't wait for me.

I hope you have a good ride and maybe pick up one or two extra folk on the line. (From the other posts, it looks as if the situation with a couple of other rides is quite dynamic.)

PhilG

Post by PhilG » 15 Jan 2023 08:46

George wrote:
14 Jan 2023 21:02
Phil, I'll join you at the WFVC and probably tag along for the first little bit of your return leg. At the advertised speed, I reckon you won't be there until about 11:30. So I'll aim for about the same time. If by any chance we miss each other, don't wait for me.

I hope you have a good ride and maybe pick up one or two extra folk on the line. (From the other posts, it looks as if the situation with a couple of other rides is quite dynamic.)
I am still on for the full ride, but if that changes at the Black Horse I'll update the message board.
Possibly a little bit after 11:30 at WFVC - I think the bridge in Bewdley is closed so a small detour round the bypass.
Phil Gameson