Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 25th and 26th of February

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

WorcsPhil

Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 25th and 26th of February

Post by WorcsPhil » 20 Feb 2023 10:27

WEEKLY UPDATE:

I know that many of you have a first language in Roman numerals, and will again be delighted that we had XLII riders out at the weekend on VI rides, yes VI rides... so thanks for all the leaders, whom I always namecheck as they are the ones who react to these posts and post something up just so that you can enjoy a social ride at the weekend...what heroes they are, and they were: Cedric on Saturday, Nick S, Stuart Jones, Mariana, and Paul Balfe on the A, B, C and D respectively...as well as Richard Chaplin on the BC Guided ride under Beacon RCC colours...

Next Saturday sees the Beacon RCC Snowdrop/Sunrise audaxes of course, with the HQ at Whitlenge Garden Centre and we have a great number of Beacon riders and volunteers, so thanks for helping out...weather looks dry for a fun 121kms jaunt across Worcestershire (and a smidge of Warwickshire), so enjoy the day. This means that we may have a shortage of leaders for next Sunday of course, so if you're not riding the audax, why not lead on Sunday and see who turns up. We all know Andy Wrightson will be there! :D

As you know, I love a good audax, so top kudos this week goes to Naomi Bell, who trolled off to Bristol to ride a monstrous 200 up and over Gospel Pass on one of the excellent Audax Club Bristol events. Great stuff Naomi! Solid work in what looked pretty 'average' weather.

Finally, Simon Woodward will be publicising the Beacon TT series very shortly. We're running a slightly truncated version this year, with a focus on a 10mile course around Earlswood, and really hoping that we get some new riders wishing to try it out or a bunch of Tuesday night riders having a mid-ride blast on the normal Tuesday night bash...so take a look when it appears and have a go this year.

See a lot of you next Saturday, don't forget to say hello

Have a good week

Phil