Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 4th and 5th of March

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

WorcsPhil

Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 4th and 5th of March

Post by WorcsPhil » 27 Feb 2023 11:19

WEEKLY UPDATE:

Well, at the risk of blowing claret and blue smoke up my own jacksy, Saturday's Snowdrop and Sunrise audax could not have gone better. We had 295 entrants, and 211 starters (we always get nearly a 100 DNS's on this event), and 208 finishers. The weather stayed dry, there was no ice and the rivers were low. I did pay Audax UK extra for the northerly headwind, who delivered it perfectly for your final 50kms, just to literally take the wind from your sails.

Thanks to all the riders and the volunteers, whom I list in the 'Final Roundup' thread on the MB. So great to see so many Beacon riders supporting the event, and I hope you enjoyed it. Good also to see Stuart Jones also riding the Mountain Bike race in Cannock Chase on Sunday, and looking devastatingly hip in the photos... :D

This event on the Saturday meant we only had one club run on the Sunday, namely the BC guided ride led by Cedric Gioan. It's wonderful to see we now have weekly BC Guided rides, led by Beacon guys who are BC-trained ride leaders, and on Sunday it was Cedric's turn to lead the ride...thanks to him and to the other three BC guided ride leaders for their commitment, and if you know of someone who is just starting out cycling, or wants a more gentle led ride, then why not invite them along to these rides.

Next week, there are no events, so let's get back to 4-5 club runs and oodles of riders, all keen as mustard to ride in March.

See you next week

Phil