Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 11th and 12th of March

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

WorcsPhil

Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 11th and 12th of March

Post by WorcsPhil » 06 Mar 2023 13:00

WEEKLY UPDATE:

So what do you do when you post on the message board to lead a ride and no one signs up? Do you:

a. Throw your toys out of the pram and flounce off
b. Go 'oh well, I'll join another ride then this week and post again to lead soon'

Well, Lord Shenton of Iverley demonstrated the right way (which is point b. above by the way - did I need to answer that?) and simply joined the B ride. Now this happens from time to time, so please never take it personally, it's just circumstance. ...but we did get a number of rides out at the weekend, despite this damned cold weather which we always seem to get in March. Thanks to Stuart Jones, Cedric, Paul Balfe and Mick Stanford, all highly seasoned leaders, and I don't mean with salt and pepper.

And I don't think a fat lot else happened this weekend. No races, no TT, no cross, not much to report from a glance at Strava - is the last week in February a dead week? One to refresh your mojos ready for the exciting year ahead, and if this is the case, I hope you nurtured your mojo at the weekend, gave it a lie-in, told it to put it's feet up, put on its favourite tv programme and poured it a cheeky sauvingnon blanc.

So onto this week, and we thunder into mid-March, we're ready to lead again, so get your name down to lead or ride a club run this weekend and pray that our first 20c day of the year will be upon us soon.

Keep happy

Phil