SATURDAY 18th March. 86 km/54mi C ride to Kenilworth. 9:10 depart.

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

CeGi

SATURDAY 18th March. 86 km/54mi C ride to Kenilworth. 9:10 depart.

Post by CeGi » 13 Mar 2023 14:00

Hopefully I'll have recovered from last week-end "fall like a bag of spuds" shameful moment.
If that doesn't deter you to ride with someone who can barely keep his balance, join me for the flat route : https://ridewithgps.com/routes/37156992
Coffee stop in the middle on Kenilworth High Street (Coffee on the corner, Arden's café or Costa)
Meet at the BH from 9am for a 9:10 departure latest.

Ian Gannon
Wayne Gibbs
Ced G (L)
Adrian McHugh
Ansel Nguyen
Tom Owen
Mariana Sorrill

NB1: Please note that due to medical reasons I use a handle-bar extender, a bit like TT-bars. I use this to relief the pain of NHS diagnosed trapped nerves in my wrists and elbows. I do NOT use these to ride like a TT racer, to draft behind others or similar performance seeking stunts.
Every bike ride, be it commute, ride alone or in group, entails its share of risks (bad road surface, motorised traffic, natural elements, our or other riders' mistakes or inattentions...). This is common knowledge and we all ride at our own risk. Nevertheless if my use of this extender, despite sanctioned by the BRCC committee, makes you feel uncomfortable, please do not join my rides.

NB2: Please also note that due to a combination of overloaded bike, love handles and betablockers, I am slow going uphill. Do not expect Alps climbing performance from me. So do not be surprised if you'll probably all overtake me during climbs. We'll regroup at the top and carry on from there.
Last edited by CeGi on 17 Mar 2023 21:31, edited 6 times in total.

IanG

Re: SATURDAY 18th March. 86 km/54mi C ride to Kenilworth. 9:10 depart.

Post by IanG » 13 Mar 2023 18:32

I’m in

Mariana278

Post by Mariana278 » 13 Mar 2023 19:18

Count me in

Ansel Ng

Post by Ansel Ng » 16 Mar 2023 10:12

Can I have a slot please. Thank you.

TomOwen

Post by TomOwen » 16 Mar 2023 22:37

Can I join please? Feeling much better this week!

YourAverageJoe

Post by YourAverageJoe » 17 Mar 2023 21:25

Hi Ced,

As long as I don't sleep through in the morning, I'll join you on this one...

Wayne
Your Average Joe. Fitter than some, not as fit as others.

CeGi

Post by CeGi » 18 Mar 2023 17:02

Seven little rider boys registered on the board; One felt poorly and then there were six.
Six little rider boys cycled to Hockley Heath; One got tired and turned around then there were five.
Five little rider boys arrived to the castle; One didn't like coffee and then there were four.
Four little rider boys now going back home; One had pain in his arm and then there were three.
Three little rider boys blasting in the sun; One took a wrong turn and then there were two.
Two little rider boys rolling in the city; One got along the canals and then there was one.
One little rider boy left all alone; He went for a few more miles and then he went home.

Unlike in Dame Christie's novel, nobody died and all actually enjoyed it and made it home OK at various staggered hours:
Wayne Gibbs
Ced G (L)
Adrian McHugh
Ansel Nguyen
Tom Owen
Mariana Sorrill

Mariana, in the woke world we leave in the nursery rhyme text has already been revised to get rid of the N word. Do you want me to revised it again and expunged it from the word 'boys' for you? You're clearly one of us, have no doubt about this :D