Saturday 25th. 98 km / 61 mi C paced ride to Charlecote

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

CeGi

Saturday 25th. 98 km / 61 mi C paced ride to Charlecote

Post by CeGi » 20 Mar 2023 23:22

In order not to have to get out of bed too early because of the clock change (I know I will struggle) and because Sunday looks colder and much wetter, I'll be riding on Saturday. Why not join me for a C ride to Charlecote:
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/37065751
Meet at the BH from 9am for a 9:10 departure latest.

Ian Gannon
Ced G (L)
Ansel Nguyen

NB1: Please note that due to medical reasons I use a handle-bar extender, a bit like TT-bars. I use this to relief the pain of NHS diagnosed trapped nerves in my wrists and elbows. I do NOT use these to ride like a TT racer, to draft behind others or similar performance seeking stunts.
Every bike ride, be it commute, ride alone or in group, entails its share of risks (bad road surface, motorised traffic, natural elements, our or other riders' mistakes or inattentions...). This is common knowledge and we all ride at our own risk. Nevertheless if my use of this extender, despite sanctioned by the BRCC committee, makes you feel uncomfortable, please do not join my rides.

NB2: Please also note that due to a combination of overloaded bike, love handles and betablockers, I am slow going uphill. Do not expect Alps climbing performance from me. So do not be surprised if you'll probably all overtake me during climbs. We'll regroup at the top and carry on from there.
Last edited by CeGi on 22 Mar 2023 19:07, edited 3 times in total.

IanG

Re: Sunday 26th. 98 km / 61 mi C paced ride to Charlecote

Post by IanG » 21 Mar 2023 13:38

I’ll join

Ansel Ng

Re: Saturday 25th. 98 km / 61 mi C paced ride to Charlecote

Post by Ansel Ng » 22 Mar 2023 12:32

I'm in please. Thank you.

CeGi

Re: Saturday 25th. 98 km / 61 mi C paced ride to Charlecote

Post by CeGi » 25 Mar 2023 16:23

Rides are so unpredictable.
Some Saturday rides attract quite a few people and some not. I trust tomorrow madness is being a black hole attracting most riders just like the snowdrop did.
Some rides like last week suffer from attrition and some like this week see you finishing with more than you started. Ansel had to work last minutes so only Ian and I started but by the most unlikely timing we arrived at Charlecote within 1 minute of each other with Fenella and decided to ride back to 'the View' in Wootton Wawen for the coffee break.
Fenella Brown
Ian Gannon
Ced G (L)
Overall all a nice ride with dry roads mainly, nice sun and decent temperatures. The nasty headwind on the way back wasn't most enjoyable, but better than rain methink.