Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 15th and 16th of April

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

WorcsPhil

Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 15th and 16th of April

Post by WorcsPhil » 10 Apr 2023 16:48

WEEKLY UPDATE:

After my missive on Beacon breakfasts last week, it was great to see a newsletter from 1967 published on Facebook (take a look), which showed just how many other sports we did, and how long club runs were back then. I always marvel that club runs had two stops, including a late meal at 5pm...now that's riding! We're softies these days compared to the hard men and women of yesteryear...not going anywhere without a shake-dry jacket or a spare iphone.

Summer kit alert, summer kit alert!!! The summer kit ordering window slams shut tonight (Monday 10th), so last chance to buy a new top, shorts or to get a new sparkly new blue away kit... Do it now!!!!

oooh, that was all a bit breathless wasn't it, and a clear overuse of exclamation marks, but we find that despite messaging everywhere, there will still be loads of people who say 'oh, I didn't see that, have I missed it? - Yes, you have.

Anyway, there are club runs next Sunday before we have a weeks break for the running of our Little Mountain Time Trial, and the weather looks excellent next weekend, so please let's have a full list of club runs posted please. Get one in before the summer...

Big thanks to Matt Hale, Mariana Sorrill and Paul Balfe for leading rides yesterday, most of which were shorter to enable us all to either focus on our Sunday roasts or more likely watch Paris - Roubaix, and wasn't it another great race, the fastest ever at nearly 30mph average, and pushing John Degenkolb into the verge and **flat**s aside, a worthy winner.

This Tuesday also sees the first of the monthly 10-mile Time Trials from Earlswood, so as I've said loads of times, give this a go, it's too easy to just mosey around your normal routes, have a go at everything, and these time trials are good ones to whet your whistle.

See you on the road.

Phil

Wilvo

Re: Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 15th and 16th of April

Post by Wilvo » 11 Apr 2023 20:30

Best part of exercise is the eating 😀

Out of interest, who was it with shiny new teal/turquoise Ribble that passed the C ride going through Barnt Green? Which model was it? Ultra SLR?

neilo

Post by neilo » 11 Apr 2023 21:11

Wilvo wrote:
11 Apr 2023 20:30
Best part of exercise is the eating 😀

Out of interest, who was it with shiny new teal/turquoise Ribble that passed the C ride going through Barnt Green? Which model was it? Ultra SLR?
That was me Will, its an Ultra SL Pro 👍

Wilvo

Post by Wilvo » 12 Apr 2023 05:37

neilo wrote:
11 Apr 2023 21:11
That was me Will, its an Ultra SL Pro 👍
Looks amazing in that colour. How comfortable is it on long rides?

neilo

Post by neilo » 12 Apr 2023 07:15

Only done a couple but so far so good.