Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 29th and 30th of April

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

WorcsPhil

Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 29th and 30th of April

Post by WorcsPhil » 24 Apr 2023 12:04

WEEKLY UPDATE:

Only one place to start this week and that's the Beacon's flagship event, the LMTT. Huge congratulations to the organisers (mainly John Hitchcock), the marshals under the leadership of Martin McGowan, the timekeepers and obviously all the riders. The results were superb, not only was there a huge course record of 1hr 27mins from the pro cyclist John Archibald (brother of Katie Archibald), there were fab performances from loads of riders, with Beacon RCC taking the team prize following sub 2-hour rides from Simon Dighton, Celia Brown and Ed Moss. Celia was the fastest female overall, despite being on a road bike, although that's not such a disadvantage on this course and it was also great to see our very own George Barker riding it on a vintage bike with gearing more suitable to Norfolk that the hilly bits of Worcestershire! As this was the 75th anniversary of this great event, you will see more video and written coverage in the coming days, so please take a look out for that...it's part of YOUR heritage.

With it being the LMTT, we only had one guided ride out at the weekend, but this coming weekend, there is nothing to stop you from posting what you want... short Beacon Bursts, longer rides, do what you want, so get your name down early to lead and I suspect that as this is a Bank Holiday weekend, you will be inundated with co-riders.

I have mentioned this before, but we are on the lookout for club run mentors, to guide new riders (and some forgetful older riders) on club run etiquette and how to ride in a group...I'll approach some people separately in the next week or two but if this does interest you, please send me a message.

That's it for this week, good luck to all those off to Mallorca this week for the Mallorca 312, and don't forget that the Tuesday night bashes are back a week tomorrow on May 2nd...more details will be posted later this week.

See you soon

Phil