Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 6th and 7th of May

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

WorcsPhil

Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 6th and 7th of May

Post by WorcsPhil » 01 May 2023 10:54

WEEKLY UPDATE:

It seems like the whole world was in Mallorca at the weekend for their annual 312 jamboree...congrats to all the Beacon riders there, namely, Nick Shenton, James Tate, Stuart White, Richard Greer, and Naomi Bell, who rode a little under the radar but no one's blabbing! A fab event that...perhaps we should get a big Beacon trip organised for 2024?

So we had SIX club runs at the weekend and nearly 40 riders out, which is great to see,...fragmentation is the new rock and roll. We do encourage any highlights or funnies to be publicised so that the MB or FB doesn't become too 'serious', so please feel free to shout up anything as club runs can be, what's old-fashionedly called, a right old laugh. On the A-Ride, descending Malvern into Upton saw us coincide with the Upton Folk Festival, with closed roads, Morris dancers and others dancers dressed entirely in black with blackened eyes, it looked like we had stumbled on a particular moody episode of 'The League of Gentlemen'... until we were told to move on as this was a local town, for local people only... either that or it was a real-life 'wicker man' experience (look it up, kids)

Other things, the TT world is back up and great to see Beacon luminaries such as Ed Moss and Gemma Johnson going full beans at the weekend, and superb speeds as always. Well done both. There may have been others, but I can only report what I see, or what people tell me about.

Yes, Tuesday nights are back. I don't mean catching up on Monday's night episodes of 'Only Connect' (NL YCN NCT), but Tuesday night cycling...sign up on the MB thread and there are four rides of differing speeds all setting off at 2min intervals from 18:30, so why not test yourself have a go at a faster ride, and if it's too fast, you can always drop off to the one which is coming up behind. Big thanks to Neil O for organising these again and club run points are scored, although you still only score for one ride per week.

This coming Friday sees the 'Skiver's Day Out' 200kms audax over Gospel Pass, organised by our good friends at Droitwich CC so hope to see a number of you there, and thanks to Dr Philip Whiteman as always for getting these events on, just so we can grovel up steep hills in the drizzle.

Finally, it's the King's Coronation next weekend of course, so pack your coronation chicken sandwiches and come out on a club run, you know what to do.

Have a great week.

Phil