Sunday 7th May. 116 k / 70 miles @ 14 mph ride. One café stop + one beer stop

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

CeGi

Sunday 7th May. 116 k / 70 miles @ 14 mph ride. One café stop + one beer stop

Post by CeGi » 04 May 2023 22:01

Keeping with my longer than usual club runs rides I will be going for a 70 miles rides Sunday.
Inspired by the fun exploration of brand new roads to Tamworth castle last week, I'll repeat the experiment with a ride to the famous piece of heritage that is the crooked house. The pub is on sale so let's go to it for a pint while still in operation not knowing what its future will be.
Due to the 'crooked house' location, there might be a few 'urban' bits in the route I designed but confident that overall it will be OK:
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/42766990
There'll be a proper coffee stop at 66km (41 miles) at Archie's Attic Coffee Shop in Enville for proper food shortly followed by a shorter stop for a pint (or just a selfie) at the crooked house.

If this original ride sounds like fun to you, let's meet at the BH for a 9am departure.

Ian Gannon
Ced G (L)
Ansel Nguyen
Will Woodhouse

NB1: Please note that due to medical reasons I use a handle-bar extender, a bit like TT-bars. I use this to relief the pain of NHS diagnosed trapped nerves in my wrists and elbows. I do NOT use these to ride like a TT racer, to draft behind others or similar performance seeking stunts.
Every bike ride, be it commute, ride alone or in group, entails its share of risks (bad road surface, motorised traffic, natural elements, our or other riders' mistakes or inattentions...). This is common knowledge and we all ride at our own risk. Nevertheless if my use of this extender, despite sanctioned by the BRCC committee, makes you feel uncomfortable, please do not join my rides.

NB2: Please also note that due to a combination of overloaded bike, love handles and betablockers, I am slow going uphill. Do not expect Alps climbing performance from me. So do not be surprised if you'll probably all overtake me during climbs. We'll regroup at the top and carry on from there.

Crooked house.jpg
Crooked house.jpg (180.65 KiB) Viewed 1089 times
Last edited by CeGi on 07 May 2023 14:18, edited 4 times in total.

Wilvo

Re: Sunday 7th May. 116 k / 70 miles @ 14 mph ride. One café stop + one beer stop

Post by Wilvo » 06 May 2023 14:13

I will join you Ced.

CeGi

Re: Sunday 7th May. 116 k / 70 miles @ 14 mph ride. One café stop + one beer stop

Post by CeGi » 07 May 2023 23:08

Great weather.
Great company:
- Ian Gannon
- Ced G (L)
- Ansel Nguyen
- Will Woodhouse
- Andy Wrightson
Great ride (sorry guys for the little dirt path wandering after the pub. I'll blame it on my pint and not on my poor planning. Price to pay when you go and explore new places)