D RUNS

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

PaulB

D RUNS

Post by PaulB » 24 May 2023 17:34

Hi All

Will more than likely not be running a D run this Sunday due to do a 100 miler on Saturday so might be a bit tired but keep an eye on the forum as i might do a small ride OR i may go to Lichfield by train, if i do a run on Sunday i will post it up on forum by Thursday night.

Talking of going to Lichfield i am now looking to do train trips via the Lost Lanes Central routes, they would be better on a Sunday as you can leave earlier by train and do not have a hassle trying to catch a train back to miss rush hour, i hate riding in new areas and be under pressure to miss the rush hour, all assuming that trains from Lichfield to Longbridge are full at rush hour and having a problem getting your bike on the train with busy stations.

I am also wanting to do some longer rides 100kms plus to new cafes or pubs on a Sunday in summer so that's also another option.
Also looking at car assist trips to Lost Lanes routes that cannot be accessed by train due to the broken down train system in this country.

All these plans are going to affect the regular 50 mile D runs that i run, i have noticed lately that numbers are dropping so i don't know if people are getting bored or maybe they want a faster ride, there is more riders on the B & C rides so maybe use older riders are becoming few and far between or maybe getting faster as they get older :) :) :)

Of course if any one wants to lead a D run on any Sunday i certainly do not have any problem with that at all.

Don't get me wrong on this post, i ma not writing this to moan or criticise anyone at all, now i am retired i just want to ride my bike more and do longer distances and because i do not own a car i am reliant on public transport in which, if you want to do a trip by train, you have a 4 to 5 hour window to do 50 miles before rush hour.

I am still doing my British Cycling Guided Rides once a month and will fit in a D ride once or twice a month but don't worry, i wont stop my D runs altogether.

If anyone want to join me they are welcome, just let me know if you are interested in min tours or rides via trains or car assist, i am happy to plan a route.
Thank You

Paul B