Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 3rd and 4th of June

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

WorcsPhil

Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 3rd and 4th of June

Post by WorcsPhil » 29 May 2023 11:35

WEEKLY UPDATE:

Was there a more beautiful sight that Geraint Thomas leading out Mark Cavendish on the last stage of the Giro? Simply wonderful...and I hear it was much the same on the A-Ride with Andy Wrightson leading out the others for 50kms until the mad charge up to the golf ball on Titterstone Clee. Records don't show who crossed the line first (nor should they), but what a day for a mountain top sprint!

Four club runs at the weekend, an A, B, C and D all leaving on Sunday with nearly 30 riders out enjoying this perfect spell of weather, thanks as usual to the leaders for bothering to put themselves out there, namely Stuart Jones, Jon Sadler, Cedric Gioan and Paul Balfe...judging from strava and the smiley faces I saw, everyone had a great day out...so keep 'em coming.

A couple of things that will be organised and finalised in the early summer...first a Beacon night out to Evesham cycling track, a relaxed open-to-all hour for a blast around the 1km track there followed by a beer, probably a Wednesday evening 6pm start to avoid the Tuesday and Thursday night bashes... and we are in the process of organising a Beacon Bike Maintenance class, hosted by Mick Stanford, where the non-mechanics amongst us can learn how to replace a chain, what to do if your gear cables break and other out-on-the road issues that you might encounter. This will be an informal evening, and if me and Neil Orchard are going along, it may resemble a chimp's tea party :D , so watch this space

Are any of these two things of interest to you? If so, let me know below so we can gauge interest and what you'd like to see on a bike maintenance course.

Short update this week, but keep happy, and take pride in the leading out of others than seeking the glory yourself. Pretentious, moi?

Phil

PaulB

Re: Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 3rd and 4th of June

Post by PaulB » 29 May 2023 12:05

Hi Phil

i would be interested in the Bike Maintenace course

Probably not posdible but bleeding of hydraulic brakes would be good but understand if difficult to do
Thank You

Paul B

YourAverageJoe

Post by YourAverageJoe » 03 Jun 2023 19:27

Hi Phil,

I'd certainly be interested the bike maintenance class, being hopeless at fixing a broken chain.

I'd also be interested in knowing what to do if you have a spoke snap... How do you adjust the other spokes to take away the wobble a bit?

Thanks

Wayne
Your Average Joe. Fitter than some, not as fit as others.

michelle

Post by michelle » 04 Jun 2023 08:34

Hi
Yes I'm interested in practical tips on bike maintenance when out on the road - might need a bit more basic though!!
michelle