CANCELLED: Sunday 11th July - Gaydon Transport Museum

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

IanG

CANCELLED: Sunday 11th July - Gaydon Transport Museum

Post by IanG » 05 Jun 2023 20:03

Due to injury i’ve needed to cancel this

Hi all,
I wanted to go to the Gaydon Transport Museum and thought others might be interested aswell.

On 11th July they have a bus special day. It will probably make some of us feel old as we point at buses we used to go to school on (like i did with my son at Wythall and the 47 bus). You would need to buy your own ticket and will confirm end of June that i’m doing it (so don’t buy them just yet). The ticket lets you visit for 12 months after purchase, so if you really want you can go again another time.

They have bike parking but can accomodate a maximum of 8 bikes (4 bars). I will be carrying my D lock for it.

Journey is 72 miles round trip, however there are train stations near to the route if people want to drop out at different stages on the way back.

Times: meet at Black Horse at 7:30 for a 7:45 departure riding C-ride speed (13-14mph). We should get there for around 11, have a mooch around, something to eat and leave 1:30 to get back for around 5-5:30.

If interested say below.