Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 24th and 25th of June

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

WorcsPhil

Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 24th and 25th of June

Post by WorcsPhil » 19 Jun 2023 11:15

WEEKLY UPDATE

Who's getting excited about the new blue Beacon jersey, which hopefully will be arriving later this week? Watch out for Neil's updates!

Future events first this week...First off, Beacon are hosting the National Grasstrack Championships on 8th July in Moseley, and we still need volunteers. At present, it's just the usual suspects who have volunteered, but please don't ignore this, this is a great event and some help even for a couple of hours would be very welcome. Sign up on the message board

Secondly, Wednesday 5th July at 17:30-19:00 is a Beacon social night at Evesham Velo Track, a new 1km cycle track...this is free for Beacon members but I need 15 people minimum to come along to justify the booking... we currently have 8 or 9, so I need an influx of riders in the next couple of days. This is fun, not at all competitive (unless you choose it to be), and lap transponders can be given to riders to see what you can do over 1, 3, 5 or 10laps...BUT SIGN UP NOW!!!!!

...and onto the lookback, and what a weekend it was. On the TT front, huge shout outs go to Ed Moss, William Barr and Simon Dighton, who all traipsed down to the Hemel Hempsted Open 10mile TT, and blasted round, all setting PB's and Ed setting a new vets record in 19:54...that's just brilliant, Ed!!!

.At the other end of the spectrum, the 'Pushing the Boundaries' Club run to Llandudno and back happened on Saturday, There were eight riders out, with Helen Colson breaking her 300kms cherry by riding from home, round the Great Orme and back to her planned finish at Flint...and the 7 boys riding to Llandudno pier, then back home for a 419kms outing...Superb riding from all - unfortunately I had minor nausea at Flint so bailed at 288kms for the day, where me and Helen caught the last train home to Wolverhampton.

Superb to see Stuart Jones and Huan Dong (were there others?) riding the ultra tough Dragon Ride sportive in Wales...this 230kms ride climbs up many a mountain, so well done both....and good luck to Cedric, he's now on Day 11 of his ongoing JOGLE bike ride...only a couple of days to go!

Finally it would be remiss of me not to mention an amazing run from someone the weekend before. Marathons are often run these days, but very few people run a double marathon, so huge kudos goes to Ant Featherstone for his 82kms ultra-marathon run...Amazing, Ant! Haven't seen you on strava since...get back out there, man! :lol:

Finally...club runs...despite the fine weather, there were only a dozen or so people out at the weekend...so let's get a full set of rides out this coming weekend and a huge turnout like the good old days.. They are still the lifeblood of the club, so don't be a Alex No Mates (non-gender name, eh?) and sign up for a club run this weekend.

Anyway, with so much going on, there's little space for jokes this week!

Keep happy, and get involved in all that is happening...you'll feel better for it.

Phil

AlanW

Re: Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 24th and 25th of June

Post by AlanW » 19 Jun 2023 14:52

PLus, two spaces are still available for Wednesday 5th July for the two day YHA trip to St Briavels in Lydney, Gloucestershire.
"You only need two tools: WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape"

Daryl Green

Post by Daryl Green » 19 Jun 2023 19:47

Hello hope all is well

I am new to the club and would like to join the D ride for Sunday please? I'm sorry if I have missed anything but getting used to the new Web pages etc. I don't currently have a road bike and wondered if you was ok with me using my mountain bike for the time being please?

Much appreciated
Cheers 🚲😀👍

Mick Stanford

Post by Mick Stanford » 19 Jun 2023 20:07

Daryl Green wrote:
19 Jun 2023 19:47
Hello hope all is well

I am new to the club and would like to join the D ride for Sunday please? I'm sorry if I have missed anything but getting used to the new Web pages etc. I don't currently have a road bike and wondered if you was ok with me using my mountain bike for the time being please?

Much appreciated
Cheers 🚲😀👍
Hi Daryl
I have just posted the D ride for Sunday and added you to it. Your mountain bike is fine on the Guided Ride at the D pace.
See you on Sunday
Mick

Daryl Green

Post by Daryl Green » 19 Jun 2023 20:16

Hi Mick

That's great thank you for adding me to the group. Look forward to seeing you Sunday 😀