Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 1st and 2nd of July

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

WorcsPhil

Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 1st and 2nd of July

Post by WorcsPhil » 26 Jun 2023 15:08

WEEKLY UPDATE:

Did you watch any of Glastonbury? I have to admit I'm more of a Elton John/Rick Astley sort of bloke than Lizzo or Aitch, but hopefully some of you think the opposite to make the world rotate normally... Best comment I saw was when someone was asked whether they were cool, they responded by saying, "I try to be warm, not cool". Why not indeed? An excellent mantra to live by. Don't worry how you look, just be kind.

...and what of cycling? Good to see well over 20 riders out on club runs, thanks to the leaders as always, especially Cedric this week, who finished JOGLE on Thursday after 13 days of hard riding, then led an excellent C-Ride Beacon Burst on Sunday...hats off!

A nod this week to Mick Stanford, who continues to amaze with his willingness to volunteer and organise things...On Saturday, him and Andy Wrightson spent the afternoon under a gazebo at a school fete mending kid's bikes for free, and on Sunday, led the Beacon/BC Guided Ride. Keep on truckin' Mick

As always at this time of year, there's loads going on for your delectation. Namely:

- There is an unfortunate 3-way clash on Wednesday July 5th...Alan Weaver's YHA 2-day trip kicks off on this day (still two vacancies), as well as a free night out at the Evesham velo track at 6pm for an hour to either tootle round or blast round depending on your wishes...as well as as Academy training event at Moseley school - Sign up to any of these and more details on the separate posts for each event.

- The National Grasstrack championships are still on for Saturday 8th July...get your kids down there (races are for 5-13 year olds), or else volunteer to help out

- Lastly for now...although Dr Philip Whiteman has enough volunteers helping out at this year's Kidderminster Killer Audax (Saturday 22nd August), more riders are welcome.. This is a tough day out to be sure, but all riders are rewarded by stunning views and an enormous sense of relief when you roll into the HQ at the end. Get signed up!

Don't forget the Tuesday and Thursday bashes as well...make the best use of the good weather while it's here....and I believe that the new snazzy blue kit is now in the UK and with Neil Orchard...watch out for his delivery messages and hope to see some new blue kits whizzing around the countryside soon!

Keep happy

Phil

rxe346

Re: Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 1st and 2nd of July

Post by rxe346 » 30 Jun 2023 13:07

Hi Phil,
Please could you point me to the post about the Evesham event? Alternatively, send me a few details and I'll be down.
Thanks,
Ralph