Sunday 2nd July. C paced 110 milers to Tewksbury and Evesham

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

CeGi

Sunday 2nd July. C paced 110 milers to Tewksbury and Evesham

Post by CeGi » 28 Jun 2023 22:58

Not sure I'll manage to lead that 300k ride before the days have shortened too much this year (and less interest for it it seems) but will still be having a long distance ride to keep fit and have fun:
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/42904732
Average speed target: 14 mph

First coffee stop will be in Tewksbury, second in Evesham. Bring snacks for blitz stops in between
Meet at the BH at 9:00 for departure as soon as all there.

Ced G (L)

NB1: Please note that due to medical reasons I use a handle-bar extender, a bit like TT-bars. I use this to relief the pain of NHS diagnosed trapped nerves in my wrists and elbows. I do NOT use these to ride like a TT racer, to draft behind others or similar performance seeking stunts.
Every bike ride, be it commute, ride alone or in group, entails its share of risks (bad road surface, motorised traffic, natural elements, our or other riders' mistakes or inattentions...). This is common knowledge and we all ride at our own risk. Nevertheless if my use of this extender, despite sanctioned by the BRCC committee, makes you feel uncomfortable, please do not join my rides.

NB2: Please also note that due to a combination of overloaded tool bag and betablockers, I am slow going uphill. Do not expect Alps climbing performance from me. So do not be surprised if you'll probably all overtake me during climbs. We'll regroup at the top and carry on from there.

Looking for a café for a stop in one of your ride? Why not use Mark's Magic Map to select a cyclist vetted place close to your route?.
Last edited by CeGi on 02 Jul 2023 00:47, edited 1 time in total.

Tippers53

Re: Sunday 2nd July. C paced 110 milers to Tewksbury and Evesham

Post by Tippers53 » 01 Jul 2023 16:02

I Cant spare the time for a ride that long this weekend however would you do a similar length ride next weekend? If so I’d be able to do that one

CeGi

Post by CeGi » 02 Jul 2023 00:48

Tippers53 wrote:
01 Jul 2023 16:02
I Cant spare the time for a ride that long this weekend however would you do a similar length ride next weekend? If so I’d be able to do that one
Will see what I can do David, not 100% sure of my program next week-end

CeGi

Post by CeGi » 02 Jul 2023 08:26

Tippers53 wrote:
01 Jul 2023 16:02
Hi David, likely to be Saturday next week-end, would that suit you?

Tippers53

Post by Tippers53 » 02 Jul 2023 17:04

Saturday is absolutely fine. I’ve checked and I have permission. 😂

CeGi

Post by CeGi » 02 Jul 2023 22:43

Ansel not having fully recovered from his monster ride Thursday-Friday he cancelled Sunday morning and I therefore ended up alone for my 100 miles.
Kept the original route for next week-end as David is also interested.

So a solo social ride:
Ced G !