Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 8th and 9th of July

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

WorcsPhil

Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 8th and 9th of July

Post by WorcsPhil » 03 Jul 2023 13:35

WEEKLY UPDATE:

This coming Saturday sees the National Grasstrack Championships from Queensbridge school! Why am I telling you this? Well it's organised and hosted by Beacon RCC, so again, if you have a child between 5-13 or can blow a whistle, or hammer in a post, get down there to help out. Details are in a separate post on the Message Board.

Top kudos this week goes to Simon Turner for a quite splendid Tour of Western Ireland in what looked very average weather...great work Si, and that followed Andy Terry's tour of Scotland last week...keep 'em coming!

A good weekend of club runs, (albeit there wasn't an A -run this week), and thanks to Michelle Thompson, Paul Balfe, Cedric and Mick Stanford for leading them, with of course a nod to Richard Chaplin for leading the Beacon BC Guided ride. Good to see both the C and D rides going to the same place (Hillers), which allows people to switch rides, or simply ride out for a chat, which encouraged a tremendous turnout as we took over the garden seating at the cafe.

...and don't the blue kits look snazzy? Great to see them dotted around the Midlands over the weekend. Huge thanks to Neil for organising these...and also good wishes to Neil on his recovery (nothing broken luckily) after his crash last Tuesday evening... Be safe everyone.

So this week, we've cancelled the Evesham Velo night unfortunately as just too many people away, or not interested and it wasn't worth the expense (if we suggest these things in future, sign up immediately, it gives me an overwhelming sense of well-being, as Damon Albarn once said), but the YHA 2-day trip is still on on Wednesday, as are the Tuesday and Thursday night bashes, and the Academy grasstrack training night for 5-13year olds on Wednesday...who says, we don't give you the world!

Short one today as I'm sure you have better things to do than read my ramblings....

Keep happy

Phil