Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 26th and 27th of August

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

WorcsPhil

Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 26th and 27th of August

Post by WorcsPhil » 21 Aug 2023 10:12

WEEKLY UPDATE:

Top kudos and thanks this week goes to Ade Ravenscroft and his team of merry helpers for organising and hosting the National Grasstrack championships that were held on Saturday. This was at the third time of asking, of course, after a series of shenanigans scuppered the previous two tries in July. It's great that it went ahead, and was well attended with some great races for youngsters aged between 5-13...Thanks so much, Ade for all your efforts in getting this even off the ground.

We had a full set of club runs on Sunday, all leaving the Black Horse at 09:15, and with more boys in blue at the start than down Steelhouse Lane nick...it was great to see, and thanks as always to the leaders, namely Paul Balfe, Mariana Sorrill, Andy Deere and me! A great set of rides with lots of fun and frolics in the August sunshine.

As we speak, the legendary long distance event Paris-Brest-Paris is happening, a 1,220kms ride to be done in less than 4 days...Stu White is out on the road and going strongly as I write this and could be at the turnaround point and heading back to Paris later today, some 24-30 hours after he started.

So as we head into late August and the spectre of Autumn is approaching, then get your long-promised ride in before the leaves start to fall...there are plenty of club runners who haven't led this year, so why not do it in the next couple of weeks, we can all hibernate in our caves, feasted on salmon and berries content in the knowledge that everyone did their bit...did you?

I go large on emotional blackmail, eh? but I know I am the most ignored fellow in the West Midlands, so I'm sure you don't take offence.

Keep happy

Phil