SATURDAY 26th Aug. 8:00am start. C paced 200km/124m Market Harborough

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

CeGi

SATURDAY 26th Aug. 8:00am start. C paced 200km/124m Market Harborough

Post by CeGi » 22 Aug 2023 11:23

As Phil mentioned in his weekly address 'we head into late August and the spectre of Autumn is approaching'
So instead of feasting on salmon and berries before the near permanent darkness, cold and damp become our daily companions I will try to swallow another 200k.
Selected a flat route and pace shall be relaxed as I won't have had the opportunity to ride this week: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/43986548
(average speed target: 14 mph)

Was originally planned Sunday but with Ansel changing plans, I'll change mine too and will lead it Saturday so more time left Sunday-Monday.
Any greedy rider to join me at the BH @8:00 :shock for departure as soon as all there.
Return back in Northfield likely to be around 18:00

There will be a proper coffee stop in Market Harborough and probably 2 quick shop stops, one halfway on the way there and one halfway on the way back before shops close.
Bringing your stock of snack bars and jelly babies is neverthless a wise move if your internal combustion engine requires more frequent top-up.

Ced G

NB1: Please note that due to medical reasons I use a handle-bar extender, a bit like TT-bars. I use this to relief the pain of NHS diagnosed trapped nerves in my wrists and elbows. I do NOT use these to ride like a TT racer, to draft behind others or similar performance seeking stunts.
Every bike ride, be it commute, ride alone or in group, entails its share of risks (bad road surface, motorised traffic, natural elements, our or other riders' mistakes or inattentions...). This is common knowledge and we all ride at our own risk. Nevertheless if my use of this extender, despite sanctioned by the BRCC committee, makes you feel uncomfortable, please do not join my rides.

NB2: Please also note that due to a combination of overloaded tool bag and betablockers, I am slow going uphill. Do not expect Alps climbing performance from me. So do not be surprised if you'll probably all overtake me during climbs. We'll regroup at the top and carry on from there.

Looking for a café for a stop in one of your ride? Why not use Mark's Magic Map to select a cyclist vetted place close to your route?.
Last edited by CeGi on 24 Aug 2023 19:33, edited 1 time in total.

Ansel Ng

Re: Sunday 27th Aug. 8:00am start. C paced 200km/124m Market Harborough

Post by Ansel Ng » 22 Aug 2023 11:51

I'm in please _Q

CeGi

Re: Sunday 27th Aug. 8:00am start. C paced 200km/124m Market Harborough

Post by CeGi » 22 Aug 2023 20:50

Hi Ansel. Not sure _Q is the best choice for you. I trust 🚀 would be more appropriate 😉

CeGi

Re: SATURDAY 26th Aug. 8:00am start. C paced 200km/124m Market Harborough

Post by CeGi » 27 Aug 2023 19:05

Despite Ansel preferring to change his mind to go on his mad ride (I wasn't ready for) and nobody replacing him, I went for a solo C-ride and had a great time