OFF!:- Possible slowish B run to Aston Cantlow Sunday 10 Sep

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

George

OFF!:- Possible slowish B run to Aston Cantlow Sunday 10 Sep

Post by George » 06 Sep 2023 16:04

It looks like being another warm, dry weekend. So it's time for me to dust off Doug Harlley for his annual imperial hundred. Since this weekend's club run programme is looking a bit thin, I'm thinking of combining this annual outing with (sort-of) leading a club run. If I provide a route and fix up the café, can someone else lead a group out of B'ham, and back into B'ham at the end? I suggest re-using the route to Aston Cantlow we used back in May (see link below). I would then meet you at Portway at 10am, and peel off again halfway back to B'ham.

Start: BH 09:15 (meeting 10 minutes or so beforehand)
Distance: 78km/49mi
Terrain: gently rolling
Speed: 25kph/16mph
Route: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/42852023
Participation: up to 8 riders, including me
Registration: advance sign-up preferred, but on-the-line joiners welcome if the ride is not fully subscribed in advance (limit of 8 still applies)
Group riding: we'll ride in single file or pairs depending on road/traffic conditions; we'll try to remain a cohesive group the whole way by avoiding variations in pace; we won't go faster than advertised

George

Re: OFF!:- Possible slowish B run to Aston Cantlow Sunday 10 Sep

Post by George » 07 Sep 2023 21:31

Sorry, developments in the family's weekend plans mean that I'm not sure whether this idea is going to be convenient after all. Since no one has yet shown an interest, I think it's better to pull the plug now, while I'm not yet messing anyone about by doing so.

If anyone wants to use the route, or an amended version of it, be my guest. Café not yet booked (not usually necessary there, but I like to phone ahead where possible).